Tuesday, March 15, 2011

blue day

Tuesday

Last night was busy with tasks to get mom's gift framed, wrapped, retrieve the card which Cro had signed, sign it myself, and get to the post office before it closed. I accomplished all but the last one ... they had just closed when I arrived. Luckily they have an automated station with Priority Mail envelopes, a digital stamp kiosk, and mail drop box. Task accomplished and it should arrive Wednesday, the day prior to her birthday. Yes, I have a St. Patty's Day mom.

Cro and I watched the season finale of BBC Being Human and it seems very likely that a main character, Mitchell - won't be back for season four. The BBC Being Human facebook page has removed all doubt regarding whether the series will continue and announced there WILL be a season 4.

I'm in a bit of a funk this morning. A fairly deep one to be honest. Yesterday I was happy and empowered with the challenges of an uncertain future. I need to find that bravery and empowered feeling again.

My scale batteries (some sort of ditsy big watch batteries) are dying. It took taking them out and swapping them around before I could get any response. Maybe I'll get new ones tonight after work. The scale says in 1 pound above last Saturday's weight. That is amazing since it's so early in the week after the prescribed cheat day. If the scale isn't lying I should definitely be seeing a loss before end of the week.

Oh, can't believe I forgot to mention this since it was so maddeningly uncomfortable. I used a tinted moisturizer with UV protection yesterday morning instead of my normal foundation. I broke out in the most horrible itchy red blotches and had to go through my work day and after work errands like that. After getting home I scrubbed my face and took some Benedryl to no relief. Some of the red splotches are still present this morning and still itch, but the worst of it is over. After reading the active ingredients on the tinted moisturizer there were several things that could have caused it. I guess sunblock lotion can be harsh.


And the last bit of trivia from my life is that I nearly ran out of gas this morning. As I watched the dial creep closer and closer to the bottom of the red "need fuel" indicator, I took a turn toward the one filling station I am familiar with. The person in front of me must have been coasting on fumes as well because they were doing about 15mph and pulled in for gas as I did. Since the station was only 3 lights ahead I remained behind the slow car and hoped none of the lights would turn red. I made it ... just barely.


7am
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower

11am
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower

4:30pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower

7:30pm
20g bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...