Thursday, March 3, 2011

duck feathers

Busy. I can't wait for Friday evening and trying to bar the next work week's stress from entering my mind. Difficult to do! I usually spend 15 or 20 minutes telling Cro all of my daily challenges and triumphs after we are both home in the evening. I've started calling that the stress download. It helps me to vocalize it all and then put it out of my mind for the rest of the evening. Maybe I should start telling Buddy Cat before Cro gets home so he doesn't have to listen to my daily download of stress. I wish I could let things roll off more easily like water rolling off a duck's back ... I should read more on stress relieving techniques. Meditation maybe.

Meetings that run unexpectedly long mess with the strict schedule of my diet. Although I was supposed to eat at 11:30 I wasn't out of the meeting until 12:30. It is what it is. I also expect to work 2 or 3 hours late tonight so maybe I'll eat half of meal 3 at 3:30pm and the other half at 7pm.

So here's today:

meal1
90grams of chicken breast [0 carbs, 148 calories]
half cup of spinach leave [0 carb, 7 calories]
quarter cup of lentils [4 carbs, 50 calories]
one TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the chicken [0 carbs, 119 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt


meal2
90grams of pork shoulder (white vinegar and hot sauce) [2 carbs, 86 calories]
6 brussels spouts [6 carbs, 65 calories]
quarter-ish cup of cauliflower [1 carb, 14 calories]
one TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 119 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

 
meal3
90grams of chicken breast [0 carbs, 148 calories]
half cup of spinach leaves [0 carb, 7 calories]
quarter cup of lentils [4 carbs, 50 calories]
one TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the chicken [0 carbs, 119 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt


meal4
cauliflower and broccoli mixed [4 carb, 100 calories]
two TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 238 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt


TOTAL: 21 carbs, 1270 calories


7:30am
chicken breast, lentils, spinach
12:30am
pork shoulder, cauliflower & brussels sprouts


4:30pm
chicken breast, lentils, spinach


8:30pm - half of this
charred broccoli & cauliflower

4 comments:

  1. The cat wouldn't mind!
    They are cool that way.
    Just hope he doesn't go blabbing it to all the neighborhood dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your make-believe world. :) The neighborhood doggies like me (well, all except for the little yappy one that lives to the other side of us). The ones that like me are big doggies and scare the burglers and boogie men away at night ... maybe they could scare off some of this stress too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Sadie listens to me everyday. I listen to her too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what would we do without Sadie and Buddy. Those kitties provide more therapy than any doctor could!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...