Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kitty Krak

I woke up in the middle of the night to carve a tiny wedge out of the apple I'd bought for my cheat day (and didn't eat) for the critter. After watching a cute video of a Roborovski eating a piece of apple I just had to see if Critter would like it. He did, but not as much as he goes crazy for those crunch yogurt drop treats from the pet store. I took his little critter house away and tidied the bedding away from his saucer wheel too. He was asleep in his house in the middle of his "day" ... which is the middle of night. I put his house back when morning began to peek through the windows ... but until then I could hear him running on the wheel, digging through his refilled food jacuzzi and crunching on the carrot and salad strips in the treat bowl. I love that critter.

Buddy is asleep under my foot right now. I love him too. Here's a video of him high on kitty krak (catnip). He's an old boy so doesn't do the high flips and jumps of his younger years but he still loves his daily treats and the occasional "trip" on catnip.

video

The prescribed cheat day has come and gone and I'm finding that I don't even enjoy sweet things like I used to. I did have all 4 of the Boylan Diet Root Beer with Splenda that Cro had bought for me but I didn't make anything else with my soda stream. I had a few big glasses of water during the day though. Water? On the day I don't have to? I wanted it.

**Don't read this paragraph if reading about cheat foods triggers you**
On cheat day I had half a piece of banana bread for breakfast. We ate at Abuelo's restaurant for our enjoyable date lunch. Appetizer was tortilla chips and queso. For my meal I asked them to leave off the refried beans (I didn't want beans on the one day I don't have to eat them). I had chicken and Spanish rice for the entrée. I ate a third of it and it was very good. No dessert but I did have popcorn later (always good). For dinner I made Dreamfield's pasta with cheese, glorious cheese! Later I made chocolate chip cookies and had half of one along with a few spoons of chocolate ice cream (it wasn't that good). Late in the day snack was two warm garlic breadsticks and sadly I haven't lost my enjoyment of bread like I have for sweet things.

On to another week of strictly water, protein, beans and cruciferous veggy! I am actually happy with the strict days and know that things are changing with me in good ways. It's pretty cool to not feel so deprived when people have cake or cookies at work. I can have it Saturday if i want it and maybe I won't even want it then.

It's still difficult to get up and eat within an hour of waking up on Sunday morning. Ugh. And I have to finish my taxes later today. Oh, and I must buy more organic (because they just taste better) red beans. I am out and forgot to get them on my last trip to the grocery. So no beans to go with my breakfast and I only had two strips of bacon left. That's only 5 grams of protein and I'm supposed to have between 20 and 30 grams of protein per meal.

8am
2 slices bacon (not enough, 5g protein), broccoli

12pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, broccoli

3pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, broccoli

6:30pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, broccoli

2 comments:

  1. Your broccoli looks so good. I bought more yesterday to roast for supper this work week. I want to roast some green beans too. Can you eat those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green beans are also allowed. He just suggests to try for cruciferous veggies so since I do love broccoli and cauliflower those have been my choices. Roasted green beans are yummy ... and asparagus! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...