Friday, March 25, 2011

Meanwhile in Mundania

Another day - another group of boring meals.

I have very little trouble sticking with this way of eating and think certain things are going to be lasting. Things such as being wary of dairy (even my beloved cheese), limiting diet soda, drinking LOTS of water, not needing to complicate and enhance food with sauces, always keeping a handle on portion size and not slipping into the dangerous habit of guessing.

When I eat it's because it's time to feed the metabolism. Since my meals are so strict, food has lost it's power of entertainment and become nothing more than fuel which staves off hunger. It's like revealing the Wizard of Oz is just a little old ordinary man behind a curtain and not the magical entity initially portrayed.

Cook it, weigh and measure it, package it, forget about it.

Drinking the most water I can is a new healthy obsession. Although I do still miss diet soda I don't think about it much. Once in awhile I'll picture myself going to lunch with the guys at work and ordering a sweet-n-delicious Diet Coke (with Splenda!) to drink while they eat ... then I inwardly laugh at myself. Fantasizing about diet soda is weird.

Taking supplements with every meal is becoming routine. I take a green tea supplement, a garlic supplement and an alpha lipoic acid supplement 3 to 4 times a day. Once per day I take vitamin D3 and a multivitamin. My outlook on vitamins is that they are like the shoe-makers elves doing good things while no-one is looking.

7am
90g sirloin, .25 cup black beans, broccoli

11:30am
90g sirloin, .25 cup black beans, cauliflower

5:30pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup black beans, cauliflower&broccoli

8:30
Four pieces of broccoli

3 comments:

  1. Boring meals are good. I hear they lower the weight set point and who could complain to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! One good thing about these boring meals is they take much of the "thinking about eating" time out of my day. Another great thing is that I don't have to wonder if what I am eating is going to result in a gain or a stall. The meals are so similar that the results are fairly predictable. So far anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to stop taking the garlic as it was giving me heartburn (and bad breath). But I still take the green tea and the ALA regularly. Are you taking the polycosinol that 4HB recommends? I am but I don't know what, if any, difference it's made.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...