Tuesday, March 1, 2011

not crying over unspilled milk

It's almost 10am and I've barely had time to blink. I doubt that is an indication that the rest of the day will fly by but the morning sure flew the coop.  It was crazy! and the term "flew the coop" can also mean crazy ... it was!)

Only having two more of my pre-prepped meals ready to take to lunch I had to cook again last night so I wouldn't be scrambling for ideas this morning. Looking in the freezer I saw a package of frozen cauliflower ... yes! And I also grabbed a package of frozen brussels sprouts from my stash. Perfect. A suggestion that I remember from the 4HB book is that if a person insists on leaving out legumes, they will need to increase the veggies. That's exactly what I did with the other two meals. I used 90grams of the Cro's NC-style BBQ (North Carolina style seasoned only with vinegar and hot pepper flakes) to fulfill the protein. I roasted cauliflower and brussels sprouts for the veggy.

I packaged up enough for today's other two meals and two more to put in the fridge for tomorrow.
 I guess I'll need to make the chicken and lentils for tomorrow. I'm unsure what vegetables of the proper type I still have but if I can't find more broccoli or cauliflower I know I have more bags of frozen brussels sprouts.

This way of eating is helping me make more room in the freezer. Sadly my new ice cream maker is also sitting idle on a freezer shelf. If it could cry little ice cubes would be plinking down it's side as it waits for me to make more protein ice cream. Sorry dude, maybe on Saturday or maybe Cro will make something for himself soon. We also have an unopened container of heavy cream in the fridge. No dairy for me now. Ha, our cheese drawer is feeling neglected now too. I haven't purchased cheese for three weeks and counting though I have been using what we have with my Dreamfield's pasta on Saturdays.

So here's today:

meal1
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal2
90grams of pork shoulder (white vinegar and hot sauce) [2 carbs, 86 calories]
6 brussels spouts [6 carbs, 65 calories]
quarter-ish cup of cauliflower [1 carb, 14 calories]
one TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 119 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal3
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal4
90grams of chicken breast [0 carbs, 148 calories]
half cup of spinach leave [0 carb, 7 calories]
quarter cup of lentils [4 carbs, 50 calories]
one TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the chicken [0 carbs, 119 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

TOTAL: 27 carbs, 1219 calories

7:30am
ground sirloin, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower


11:30am
pork shoulder, brussels sprouts and cauliflower

 
4:00pm
ground sirloin, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower


7:00pm
chicken breast, lentils, spinach

1 comment:

  1. Anne, I know you commented but it either wasn't to this entry or I accidentally deleted it somehow. You did wonderfully with that protein fast and I can see myself following suit and giving that a try sometime too. You are looking marvelous darlink!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...