Monday, March 14, 2011

sketches and cauliflower

I put a large pan of cauliflower florets that had been tossed in olive oil into a hot oven for 40 minutes last night. The result? Blackened cauliflower. Crunchy on the outside and velvety smooth on the inside, these puppies are a real winner. They took almost no prep time and I only checked on them 30 minutes into their baking time to give them a quick flip. As Charlie Sheen would say ... winning!

a sketch for mom's birthday
Although I didn't feel well Saturday and worked on Matt's film festival website Sunday along with sketching mom & horse for her birthday (I need to go to a frame shop tonight), watching the second to last episode of Being Human (oh cry, I think the next one might actually be the final ever even though there is rumour to the contrary) ... anyway, after all of that I still had time to cook and package 8 meals. I'm set until Wednesday!

I wish my lunch wasn't so stinky to other people. Broccoli and cauliflower are good for me.

6am
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower


11am
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower

7:30pm
90g sirloin, .25 cup red beans, cauliflower

2 comments:

  1. I use that same method to roast brussel sprouts, which have become my fav veggie of late. Winning, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...