Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week5

Weight loss is slow but steady. Maybe to speed it up I could skip part or all of the cheat day one week. I need to keep to this exactly as written for at least 6 weeks though. I don't want to mess up the metabolism thing that is supposedly happening. Metabolism is some sort of strange voodoo to me.

I still have no urge to deviate during the week of no diet soda, no artificial sweetener (my own two rules) and no dairy. Keeping the meals strict and simple is working well for my time management and work days as long as I'm able to get them all packaged up before morning as I have been doing. I do have an emergency go-to option scoped out in case I am not able to get all of the meals packaged in time. I can get a sirloin burger without cheese and a side of steamed broccoli at Scott's Brewhouse next door to work which would be enough to split into two meals. I haven't had to do that which is good because it's much more expensive than cooking and packing my lunches.

I have to finish my taxes this weekend. I've never before put them off this long. I've been under boulders of work stress for a few months. I think next week will be rather slow at least. Maybe I'll have time to read some anti-stress techniques. Maybe it will be reading about philosophies that monks practice for a new outlook on the world. Or maybe Sun Tzu's The Art of War ... which I've heard is about how to use strategy in many situations (business, law and even football).

4HB track record:

Recorded Saturday Feb 19, 2011
Week1 weight loss: -4 pounds

Recorded Saturday Feb 26, 2011
Week2 weight loss: -1 pounds

Recorded Saturday March 05, 2011
Week3 weight loss: -.5 pounds

Recorded Saturday March 12, 2011
Week4 weight loss: 2 pounds

Recorded Saturday March 19, 2011
Week5 weight loss: 1.5 pounds

TOTAL loss so far: -9 pounds

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to read The Art of War. With my new job came the responsibility of reading assigned business books. Maybe I'll suggest that one for our group.

    9 lbs gone for you, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to know which of your reading assignment you find worthwhile. Thanks on the 9 pounds grats. :) Slow and steady I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are reading Good to Great right now. I just started it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the continuing loss. I have good news...after virtually no losses the last month, I lost 4 lbs this week. Unbelievable. Like the book says, sometimes it takes women longer for the chemistry to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, shoot... TAXES!!!!

    what exactly is the plan name that you are called? I have heard you call it Slow-Carb.... Love your cute 'do in you r profile pic, btw!!!

    Have a great weekend,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna - let me know your opinion of Good to Great once you finish it. If you think it's worthy I'll put it on my list.

    Grace - 4lbs ... grats! You deserve a good number after all the things you have been through recently. His thoughts on how it takes longer for women is exactly why I'm not going to change a thing until after I've been going for at least 6 weeks.

    Angie - It's within a book by Tim Ferris' called 4-Hour Body. I call the diet "4HB slow carb" to give a big nod to the book and because legumes are slow to effect blood sugar. I think it is only referenced as 4-Hour Body because it's part of a book of that title. The diet certainly has nothing to do with 4 hours.

    The book covers several things that are non-diet related as well including how to get the perfect workout in only 4 total hours a week (much more relative to the book's title).

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...