Sunday, April 3, 2011

The 4HB slow-carb continues

First thing this morning I started a tray of broccoli and cauliflower roasting, browned ground beef with spicy Tennessee Pride sausage (spicy! yum) and portioned out red beans. The result was 8 meals, 4 portioned into bowls for today and 4 into lunch containers for work tomorrow. Planning ahead is such a good feeling. Cro joins me on this diet tomorrow and I'm excited to see what his meals turn out to be. He went to the grocery after work Friday to stock up and pick up my requested items. He even purchased organic red beans because he knows my preferences.

I made soda stream diet root beer to enjoy yesterday. Even though it was very good I also had 40oz of water. Good habits die hard. ;)

My meal pics and intended meal times are below.

The Chopped All-Stars finalé is tonight I think. I'm betting on Aarón Sanchez. Why is watching excellent chefs cook so fun? I guess it's food voyeurism combined with the desire to learn techniques from the pros.

9am
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

12pm
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

4pm
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower


7pm
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

2 comments:

  1. I'm rooting for Chef Anne Burell. Is Cro going to eat the same foods as you, or cook his own separate meals? (Just me being nosy) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all ... but Aarón is my fav.

    I think Cro will feel out what is good for his own plan but eventually we'll end up cooking a big batch of stuff at once and sharing it out. I know I'll be having some of his roast pork shoulder again when he slow-roasts another one of those. He is by far the better cook but I try to be self-sufficient too.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...