Monday, April 25, 2011

before the sun

I'm at work way early this morning (4:45am) to work on a project that will be internally reviewed this afternoon. It's the one that I will be presenting to client Friday. Being here early was necessary due to having so many other internal meetings today that it wouldn't leave much time to put finishing touches on this project. So *yawn* here I am.

Cro and I watched a film called Let Me In last night. I was in and out of dreamland at the end so not exactly sure how it wrapped up (I'll likely watch the last 10 minutes again tonight). I enjoyed the portion that I did see. Another take on the vampire world. I'll have to watch the original sometime when I'm not falling asleep (the original is Swedish with subtitles). 

We also watched Dead Silence. Fairly good but more than fairly gruesome and a bit corny in it's grotesque factor.

It not possible for me to keep a meal schedule of 4 hours apart today. I honored the "eat within an hour of waking" rule but 4 hours from now I'll be in the middle of meetings. I guess life sometimes is going to require the rules to flex.

I'm up 4 pounds from free day. That's on point with the norm. Though last week I was only up 3pounds on Monday. I lost the free day gain plus an additional one pound by the week's end. Hoping for a similar outcome this week. I guess the suggestion of starting free day with a high protein/low-carb meal didn't have much effect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 77 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 19.5 carbs

5:30am
111g turkey sausage (19g protein)
1/8 cup red beans (3carbs)
broccoli (3.5carbs)

10:30pm
111g turkey sausage (19g protein)
1/8 cup red beans (3carbs)
broccoli (3.5carbs)

3pm
111g turkey sausage (19g protein)
1/8 cup red beans (3carbs)
broccoli (3.5carb)

7pm
bacon (20g protein)

4 comments:

  1. You've really got the diet thing down to a science. I need to take a page outta your book.

    Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack. I think this diet would drive most people mad (the way I'm doing it at least). I'm so busy during the week days that the sameness doesn't matter. I remember the good ol' days of advertising when we could all get together for an hour-long leisurely lunch off site and hit the toy store to do a little browsing before heading back to the office. Those days are a fond memory. But in those days there is no way I could have eaten the same meals every day. I could (and did) easily eat low carb back then, but not the same thing every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is that turkey sausage? I really don't think I have ever tried it.

    Hope you and Cro had a wonderful Easter...

    Sounds like your plan is on~point!

    ~angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't bad, but not as tasty as pork sausage. Leaner and less juicy. Hope you had a great Easter too. We don't have kids so our Easter is less hectic than most. Wonderful day to relax!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...