Friday, April 15, 2011

knitted brow

I may stop posting boring food pics soon (or make them much smaller and compact or in one line). Or I might go back to keeping a text tally like I used to. The photos have served their purpose ... to keep me accountable and to force my awareness of portion size. They are also boring as heck since they aren't lovely pics of new recipes or beautifully photographed plating art.

Today feels a little blah. I should feel happy but I think the whole work routine thing and the long hours both myself and Cro put in are dragging on me. I'm hoping for an age when fun can routinely be worked into the day rather than sequestered to the weekends. Weekends which are mostly spent trying to recover from being overworked all week. Blah blah blah ... I just need to suck it up and find a hobby that I MAKE time for.

One of Matt's friends (a friendly acquaintance to me) meets with a knitting group and seems so happy and into it. Maybe I should go and see if I'd like knitting. Don't laugh. :P I've attended regular poetry writing groups in the past ... mostly older ladies and a few older men. Actually the most pass-time fun (what the heck is that?) I've had was when I took a post-grad poetry class at Indiana University, when I was taking guitar lessens for a year, and when I took kyudo (Japanese longbow) lessons. Not all at the same time.

Week9 4HB slow-carb Postmortem:
  • averaged 20 grams of protein per meal
  • averaged 20 carbs per day
  • ate within an hour of waking
  • greatly reduced sodium intake
  • drank at least 20 oz water per meal
  • took garlic, green tea and alpha lipoid acide supplements with each meal
I don't think I could have done anything more correctly. We'll see if it paid off tomorrow morning when I weigh-in.

7am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
 1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli (4 carbs)

11am
4 slices bacon (10 protein)
 broccoli (4 carbs)

3pm
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
 broccoli (4 carbs)

2 comments:

  1. I see you succeeded in putting all the meals in one line. (I read this post first thing this morning, before you updated it.) I like the way it is laid out. Succinct and organized (which appeals to the OCD in me).

    FIngers crossed for you for tomorrow's weigh in. I'm not going to weigh until I feel as if I've lost weight based on the way my clothes feel. I get too wrapped up in the numbers sometimes (again, my OCD), so I think this is more emotionally healthy for me. (As long as I can still fit in the size 10 jeans, I'll be happy.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dug into the html to get the photos to line up. Although I like the look of them I don't think I'll have the patience to do that every day.

    Clothes are a great indicator of how you're doing. I'll be happy to drop a few more sizes. Patience grasshopper, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...