Wednesday, April 27, 2011

gloomy day

I did horribly yesterday – missed a meal and ended up below the amount of protein I'm targeting. I suppose eating less than planned is better than eating more, but maybe not since the whole point of these meals and staying within the protein range is to keep my metabolism running. No excuses other than being busy, tired and not wanting to be bothered eating. I didn't want to be bothered cooking either but I was down to one meal in the fridge. So it was cook or face a day having to get a plain, bun-less burger and steamed broccoli from the brewhouse next door to the office. At least I have a backup contingency but I gave in and cooked. That required first going to the grocery to purchase more broccoli and meat. It further required cleanup afterwards. I was fairly wiped out and my MS began flaring (I became more clumsy and developed a limp) since I was tired before I started.

The reward was freshly grilled broccoli for dinner. It's almost sinfully delicious when it comes out of the hot oven. I could stand there and eat an entire package if I would let myself (I don't, lol).

Today's meals total 79.49 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 14.5 carbs

7am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)


11am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)



4pm
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)



8pm
bacon (20g protein)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love it when veggies brown and get all carmelized like that!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...