Sunday, April 10, 2011

numbers crunch

I plan to reduce the amount of beans by half since the official diet doesn't specify the amount and only "suggests" that women keep them to a quarter cup. I will have an eighth cup per meal (3 carbs per meal for the red beans that I'm using.)

Heigh Ho here we go.

Tennessee Pride spicy sausage is 9 protein per 56 grams. So to get the amount of protein I need per meal (20-30) I would need to eat 140 grams.

I am having 90 grams this morning, which is 14.46 protein. This allows me to get two meals out of the package. It would have weighed more but I cooked it too long and it shrunk too much. I don't understand how the package can specifically claim 56 grams is 9 protein when the sausage grease makes up some of the weight. Food is complex. I have plenty of grilled chicken in the fridge (not overcooked) and plan to have that for two of my meals today.

8:15am
90g sausage (14.46 protein), 1/8 cup red beans (3 carbs), broccoli not pictured (2 carbs)

planned for 12pm
90g chicken (27.9 protein), 1/8 cup red beans (3 carbs), broccoli 2 carbs)

planned for 3:30pm
90g sausage (14.46 protein), 1/8 cup red beans (3 carbs), broccoli 2 carbs)


planned for 7pm
90g chicken (27.9 protein), 1/8 cup red beans (3 carbs), broccoli 2 carbs)

4 comments:

  1. "Food is complex."

    Boy, you said a mouthful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the food looks great. yep packaging is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. Grats on the 1 pound bayou. I agree Jack ... or did you just agree with me? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...