Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

Monday. It is two days after free day and I'm up 3 pounds total. This is normally the peak day for whatever I will have gained. I am still 1 or 2 below the normal gain. :) I think it's a good sign.

I've taken Tim Ferris' suggestion for women who have difficulty losing weight. The suggestion is to limit my free day to 12 hours. This means that for 12 hours (on free day) I can eat whatever I like without worry. Last Saturday I modified this rule to be 6 hours of free day followed by a low carb dinner to cap off the day's eating.

From 9am-3pm I was free to eat however I liked (without stuffing myself).
From 3-6pm I  refrained from eating.
At 6pm I had a low-carb meal of Dreamfield's pasta with cheese (8 carbs).
Nothing beyond that for the rest of the evening.

I'm only detailing these things so I can reference this post in future to see what I did and how it worked. If this works out well it may become the model for my free days in future.

What a lot of boring diet talk. Below is what I ate Saturday (free day) so don't read the blue text if hearing about cheat foods disturbs you:
  • Breakfast: 2 strawberry Pop-Tarts
  • Lunch: 1/2 chicken breast, 1/4 sweet potato, 2 tbsp rice, 1 cup tortilla rounds
  • Dessert: 1/2 piece of cake,  1 tbsp Ben & Jerry's Clusterfluff ice cream
  • Snack: 5 oreo cookies
  • Dinner: 1 serving of Dreamfield's rotini with cheese and 1 tbsp Philidelphia Cooking Cream.

On with week 10!

Have any of you seen the preview for the next Planet of the Apes movie? It looks like it might be good and the thought of it gave me chills.



Today's Meals total 80grams of protein and 18 carbs:
  • 7am
    85grams of skinless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
    1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
    broccoli (2 carbs)
  • 11am
    85grams of skinless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
    1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
    broccoli (2 carbs)
  • 4pm
    85grams of skinless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
    1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
    broccoli (2 carbs)
  • 7pm
    bacon (20 protein)
The first three meals are measured to be exactly the same so I'm only uploading one pic for size reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...