Monday, April 4, 2011

Same-Same

Cro is starting his 4HB slow-carb diet today. The big pot of lima beans and sausage on the stove evidenced his preparation. I've been sticking to red or black beans and don't think I will change for now even though historically I do love lima beans. I'm guessing the eating changes will be easier for him than giving up liquid calories. Low calorie Gatorade G2 will be his go-to refreshment rather than Code Red. I'll stick with water other than on free day.

My week: more similar simple meals, supplements and more water water water. Today I'm having ground sirloin mixed with spicy ground sausage, organic red beans, and a mix of roasted broccoli & cauliflower. I like the sameness. Perhaps I'll get some chicken breasts for later in the week. :)

7:30am
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

 11:00am
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

3:30pm
60g sirloin&sausage, .25 cup red beans, broccoli&cauliflower

7:30pm
broccoli

3 comments:

  1. Does that amount of food fill you up? Now that I see that it can fit into the palm of your hand it looks like way too little for one meal. Or is it that my hungry eyes are speaking again???

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are small meals but I get to eat every four hours. When work meetings keep me from a meal my tummy does get rumbly though! For the most part, legumes stay with me longer than other foods. I can't say that I'm ever full, but I'm usually not hungry until it's time for the next meal. I could have more veggies and legumes but I strictly limit them to stay low-carb for my MS.

    Short answer: I'm good with it and don't get too hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...