Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week10 begins

I did reduce my free day to be a half free day with a low carb dinner. I feel pretty good about that compromise. The scale agrees this morning. I gained 2 pounds overnight (which means that I ate enough no-no foods to hopefully please the metabolism gods) and reduced the normal weekly gain by about half. I won't know until until the end of the week if the modification worked as hoped.

I know that must sound strange, but expecting a post free-day gain is routine after 9 weeks on this 4HB thing. Watching the weight go down the following week is also routine.

In reducing the free day these are the things I was hoping to accomplish:
• a smaller gain (success)
• that would still keep my metabolism off guard (unknown for now)
• and result in a larger total loss for the week (unknown for now)

It was a risk because metabolism has proven to be smarter than me numerous times. Do I have it's number this time? I hope so. ;)

This morning I have broccoli roasting in the oven, frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts on standby to pop in a skillet, and a can of Eden Organic red beans ready to portion into 4carb servings.

All done! Through the magic time-compression of a blog post that sits until I'm finished cooking before being posted. :) I have 9 meals packaged up and ready to go and am sitting here eating breakfast while I type.

Meals for today will be:

9am
85grams of skinnless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli (2 carbs)

2pm
85grams of skinnless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli (2 carbs)

5pm
85grams of skinnless, boneless chicken breast (20 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli (2 carbs)

7pm
bacon (20 protein)

The first three meals are measured to be exactly the same so I'm just uploading one pic for size reference.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, can't remember if I commented or not. If I did, then weee! If not, boooo, because I can't remember what I was going to say.

    Let me think.....

    *Tawk amoungst yourselves*

    Oh, question that I thought of. Does 4HB discuss eating the same foods over and over? HCG says you should mix it up, but I really would like to stick to the same foods. I'm planning on doing that for the first week to see what that gets me.

    I still can't think of what I was going to say earlier. Distractions pulled me away from blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, with 4HB it is suggested to eat the same simple meals over and over. The photos become boring to look at but it is actually nice to not think about food much all week. Prep enough for several meal, pack it up and grab-n-go. :)

    You have lots to be distracted about with the parents being over due to the fire evacuation. What's the update on that? Hoping that it's under control and everyone can breath easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if the fire is fully contained, but the winds shifted yesterday forcing the part closest to their house back onto itself and it died down. The evacuations were lifted yesterday and all the family got to go back to their homes. I don't think Mom and Dad would have come here if they knew the fire was going to get so close to their house. The original fire started about 30 miles from their house and yesterday was only a mile away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news (that the wind blew it back and it died down and the evacuations have been lifted). I hope it continues to resolve without damage to their home.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...