Monday, May 9, 2011

Brrr!!!

Meh-monday. The weekend went too fast as usual and Monday is picking up speed before it's even officially begun.

The scale says I've shed one of those five free day pounds (which weren't supposed to have happened at all!). I have five more days to shed an additional 5 pounds to make this week successful. Losing four more pounds will at least be the break even point.

Legumes are back on my plate for a few meals this week. My original plan calls for simple meals of three things (meat - legume - veg) four times a day. I dropped back on the legumes last week to save carbs but I think although that worked for awhile I don't want to change the diet by allowing legumes to go away for good. Legumes do stave off my hunger longer. For example, I had a protein shake for breakfast and my stomach is growling an hour later.

I tried Tim's "cold therapy" this morning and yow! I know it's supposed to significantly increase weight loss but I don't know if I can do that every morning. I certainly couldn't stay under a freezing cold shower for 10 minutes. My trial lasted no more than a couple of minutes and that began with a hot shower. I gradually altered the water temperature until it was c-c-c-cold! My staying power under ice cold water left me in well under 30 seconds. OMG COLD. I'm shivering just thinking about it. Really I am. It's chilly in here.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 70.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs

 5:30am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb) 

10am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)

2pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)


 7pm
bacon (20 protein)

5 comments:

  1. I found that same info in a Paleo book.
    So, I took a cool/cold bath.....
    no ice bags from the gas station for me, though -
    and to my shock and amazement
    my fingers went dead! They turned yellow/pale/white
    and lost all sensation. OMG.
    So I warmed the poor things up...
    It only happened that once -
    Bizarre!

    It would be a good way to cool down at the end of a hot
    day or a work out, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. Dead fingers are a good reason for you to be wary of trying that again. I used to know a lady whose fingers would turn white at the tips, were also cold and she said they lost sensation. It turned out to be Lupis. She didn't take cold showers that I know of though.

    Cold is good for my MS but wouldn't you know it ... I prefer to be toasty warm! I guess that's just another comfort that is better for me to give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only happened that once -
    I couldn't get it to do it again.
    And I did try.
    Perhaps Raynaud's Phenomenon?
    No biggie -either way... Since I won't be
    jumping into the ice waters for a while!

    What about ice packs to the abdomen?
    That might actually feel good!
    For MS, I know they have cooling vests made of ice!
    That would be good fot summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you won't be joining the polar bear club? :)

    There was something in development a few years ago called "the Cold Glove" or something like that. I was very interested but the price was super high since it wasn't really on the market yet. I haven't heard much about it since so maybe I should look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one I saw for MS was like a flak jacket and had water tubes that circulated cool water around, via a pump! Real expensive, I'm sure!

    And no polar bear club for me, until my next mid-life crisis hits!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...