Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The last one

Sometimes it's too hot to worry about fat arms.
Back to work after the Memorial Day weekend and for the first day this year I'm not wearing long sleeves. I had to go through my stored summer clothes and pick out a few things more appropriate to 90+ degree weather. Too bad our office is so darn cold though! I brought an extra light-weight shirt with long sleeves to throw over my arms just in case. Good thing because I already see goosebumps.

I will be designing a web presence for a restaurant in town and today is the day that one of my colleagues and I will be be paying it a lunch visit so I can snap photographs and soak up the atmosphere. I don't know how easy it will be to have lunch there on this diet but it seems like I should be able to get a bun-less burger and side salad without cheese and without dressing. I'll know soon enough.
*update: I had half a burger without bun, half a fried egg on top (yum!) and one strip of bacon. I ordered a salad on the side but was too full to do more than pick at the lettuce.

Cro and I watched another episode of Game of Thrones last night. Great great great.



I'm selling my iMac since we purchased the new Mac Pro for Cro's birthday. I inherited his older Mac Pro (which is still an upgrade for me) so that leaves the iMac with nothing to do. The little iMac ain't so little (24" screen) and served me well for about 3 years. We paid somewhere around $2,200 and on top of that upgraded the RAM to 3GB (actually 4GB but it is only able to use 3GB max so 1GB of RAM just sits in there with nothing to do). I'm telling you all this in case anyone is interested. I'm asking $500 and have the original box and everything it came with. It works great and the only reason I'm selling is because we've purchased new equipment. We'll sell to macofalltrades.com if no one I know is interested first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 74.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 14 carbs

6:30am
bacon (20 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


10:30am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
cauliflower and peppers (4 carbs)

12:30pm
2oz burger (eye-balled guestimate) (13.22 protein)
half an egg (3 protein)
one thick strip of bacon (5 protein)



7pm
Quest bar (20 protein)(5 carbs)

8 comments:

  1. I personally think you look great, but I can understand personal goals and wanting to look your best.

    Let us know how lunch goes. I'm very new to low carb and am anxious to eat out for the first time.

    Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arms, sharms.... you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anne and Angie. The shirt pictured is as short as I dare go with the arms right now. A tan and some major toning would help.

    I'll let you know how lunch goes. I'm a firm believer that I can get low-carb anywhere but after seeing the only side choices are in the "fries or chips or fruit" categories I may have to either forgo the side or see if they will sub a dry salad without cheese (cheese is okay on low-carb but not on 4HB).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your opposite, I hate sleeves. I wear tank tops as much as possible. I hate my arms too, but I hate sleeves more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Angie. :)

    SheZug - Cro hates sleeves too! He doesn't wear wife beaters but he only owns a couple of long sleeved shirts. Short sleeves are his preferred attire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck selling with iMac... I can't get anybody to buy my Mac Plus and it's got a 8MHz processor. And some of the original floppy disks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But those make great paper weights ... and the floppy disks are cheap drink coasters.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...