Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No wire hangers!

It's race time again.
I remembered to pack enough supplements to last for the rest of this week. I haven't been mentioning the cold showers but I'm continuing that 30 second chill at the end each morning. I don't know if it is helping – the weight doesn't seem to be coming off as quickly this week – but my body doesn't seem to respond quickly to anything except the bad stuff (and responds in the wrong way!). :P

Our office water cooler seems to be running clear again so I didn't pack a container of soda stream to drink today. Today consists of the same boring meals and protein shakes, the proper supplements and lots of water (the water still tastes a bit funny though).

Still 206 today. Boo.

I'm planning to attend a screening of Mommy Dearest with a few friends at the Indianapolis Art Museum the evening of June 3rd. Oddly enough, I'm probably one of the few people who have not seen that movie. I hear the quote "No wire hangers!" plenty of times though.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 74.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs

 5:30am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb) 
 
 10:30am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
broccoli & cauliflower (3.5 carbs)

 3pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
broccoli & cauliflower (3.5 carbs)


 6:00pm
egg white protein shake (24 protein)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

  1. I'm experimenting with long, really hot showers each morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I here that works too. Especially if it's so hot that it makes you sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a confession. I thought I was doing the cold shower thing. Turns out I wasn't turning the do-hickey all the way to the right to get ONLY cold water. Found out the hard way. I was doing the cool shower thing. Kudos to you, I couldn't even do 10 seconds of ice cold water. I'll stick with the cool shower thing since it helped me not get too over heated in the morning.

    PS. funny thing of the day... I thought your suppplement said "patriotic supplement" and for a split second was trying to work that out in my brain before it kicked it as "probiotic"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool shower might help too. Ice cold is a shock though ... even after doing this for a week and a half I still have to brave myself up each time.

    Patriotic supplement ... that must be the blue pill. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you remember the post I wrote about that movie...it hit too close to home, so I hated it.

    Don't know how you can do the cold shower thing, even for a short burst. I hate being cold.

    I meant to comment earlier about your good weigh in last week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't expect it will be a pleasant movie ... but the people I will be with love it so their must be something in the acting, or the diva, or that it's so quotable. I suppose I'll find out.

    I hate being cold too! I'm just cursed with every reason to tolerate it even though I'd love nothing more than steamy hot, warm and cozy. Taking a nap while the sun is beat down on me for a tan is the best ... especially if there is hot beach sand all around.

    Thanks for the good luck regarding this week's weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People I know quote that movie when they alk about me.
    And not in the good way, I'm guessing!
    I tried the cool baths with just cold water... no ice, though.
    Ice ice baby... not just yet.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...