Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh no! Danger Blog Robinson!

I guess everything is fixed but I also think I need to make a backup of my 3+ years of blog posts. It would be personally tragic if all of my posts were to vanish forever.

Because I'm a blog addict I made a post on another site, knowing that no-one would see it but I could copy it here later. So finally it's later and I am copying my intended post below. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday Friday getting down on Friday

Thirty seconds of cold shower accomplished and it's the beginning of another work day. Later today I have a "meeting prep" meeting. Sort of a practice run before presenting design revisions to a client on Monday. Other than the meeting prep my day is looking fairly light.

Still 206lbs this morning but it's 206.0 rather than 206.4 (yesterday). You guys may or may not remember that I prefer keeping track of my weight in whole numbers and I normally don't report fractions of a pound. If the fraction is above .4 I count it as the next highest whole number. I'm just mentioning this one because my losses this week have been greater than expected and the weight is still going down. It's amazing to me that I was able to lose the free day 5lb gain in under 5 days. This extra loss is blowing my mind.

Oh my, I don't know if I can keep up this cold shower thing but I know if I allow myself to miss a day it is going to make the next one nearly impossible. So for now the plan is to do this on the weekend too. It certainly takes part of the joy of my hot shower away since I know it's going to end in 30 seconds of shocking cold. After those 30 seconds are finished I feel a great sense of accomplishment that lasts throughout the day. Thirty seconds of pain every morning in trade for possibly faster weight loss, a since of achievement and sudden wide-awake energy? I'd like to say it's a no-brainer but I'm already dreading tomorrow morning.

Meals today are the same as they have been all week. This faster weight loss is encouraging me to not change anything. Whatever it is that is causing the loss is in there somewhere. Is it the cold showers? Subbing protein shakes for two of my meals? Are the supplements kicking in and enhancing results?

One of my co-workers went home sick yesterday (throwing-up sick) and a few of us are suspicious of the brown water. Even though we have a filter machine it still tastes a little more funny than normal. I had about 12 ounces of it yesterday (chugged it quickly since it tastes funny) but I think I'll stay away from it until next week sometime. Today I've brought two bottles of my soda stream pop. Oh the sacrifices I make to get my water in (that was facetious). I could have brought pure water instead of turning it into diet pop but I'm tired of that self-imposed restriction. I will continue to drink 80oz of pure water each day though. I had 40oz before leaving for work this morning and will have another 40oz tonight. I'm practically swimming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 74.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs


 5:30am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb) 

10am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)
2pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)

6pm
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. I did the cold shower yesterday. It wasn't bad, but it's so hot here already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swim away - something is working!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming and drinking. I guess water is the key in more than one way because something IS working. :) I wish people had gauges so we could tell exactly which thing is working.

    SheZug, if you keep up the blast of cold and see increased weight loss I'm interested to know. I'm still skeptical that it could be the reason why my week saw a bigger loss than normal. It's probably not going to hurt me to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hot and muggy here in summer -
    A brisk cool bath or shower would be great at the end of a long day!
    And alot of women finish up with a cool blast in the shower.... It helps the blonde hair stay a little shinier!
    That concludes my fashion tip of the day!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...