Friday, May 6, 2011

party like it's Friday 2

I went to a liquor store last night in search of Yeni Raki for the party (Raki is that Turkish drink that I tried for the first time at Istanbul Cafe two weeks ago.) The clerks looked at me with puzzled expressions and both tried to find it on their inventory database. Nope. Ah well. I picked up a bottle of Malibu rum (Matt likes it) and texted Cro telling him what I was up to and to see if he wanted anything from the grocery.

Guess what that sweetheart did? After his late late work day ended he went to a different liquor store to look for Raki also (no, I didn't ask him to). That store didn't have it but he purchased a big bottle of Patrón Silver for me. Patrón is expensive and I've passed on purchasing it because of that so what a thoughtful surprise. I don't drink often and it's a big bottle so it will last a loooong time.

I guess you can tell that I don't plan to share it at the work party. Once the bottle is opened I can't bring it back home (it's illegal to drive with an opened container of alcohol) and it's too nice (and expensive) to share at work. lol. I would have shared Raki only because I've raved about how good it was to several people. Guess they'll have to go to a Turkish restaurant with me sometime to find out.

Wearing the pinchy shoes again.
Red jacket is better than my suit jacket.
Shoulderpads still suck though.
I'm down to exactly last Saturday's weight today. 209 and hoping for another pound lost by tomorrow morning. I packed three meals since the party is supposed to run until 8 but I might skip the last meal (I don't want to eat my ugly, funny meal in front of friends or clients who will be noshing on the catered party-fare. I'm skilled at not having to eat party food so no worries there. A glass in hand (water) is all that I need to fit in with the grazers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 79.66 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs

5:30am
bacon (20 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


10am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (4 carbs)

1pm
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (4 carbs)

3pm
bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

  1. If I remember correctly, you can only get raki from your Turkish friends who travel to Turkey and bring you back a bottle. :)

    hee hee... I looked online www.yenirakiusa.com and couldn't find a retailer near you, but you can buy it online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well. That's just another reason why having our date at Istanbul Café should be part of the regular rotation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my dear, are simply ravishing in red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, ty! :) I've always been attracted to reds and oranges but tend to wear mostly black, the slimming (lack of) color that goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do wear your weight well! I'd never guess you weigh over 200. That's awesome, I wish I was like that, but alas...

    Hey, your meal does not look funny nor ugly. Looks yummy to me.

    Have fun at the party! Hope its all good time and no stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I think I just photograph well but once I get back to 175, look out world, Oct's back to stay. :)

    I do stress about the silliest things. It's going to be a party but I'm already stressing about where i'm going to sit if I need to (the MS requires that sometimes) and who I'm going to talk to, whether I should have business cards handy (probably not) and most importantly, whether people will have a good time. Oh and stressing about the parking situation (for the guests) and the appropriate way to bow out if it runs late (me).

    I'm not the only one stressing though. Everyone has been cleaning and tidying like crazy today. Our CEO even scrubbed some air freshener residue off of the bathroom walls.

    Now that I've typed it all I feel better (and silly). It will be fun. Matt and John will be here at 5ish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never think your meals are ugly, either. They always look pretty-darned-tasty to me.

    LOL @ the ceo scrubbing the bathroom walls. It reminds me of that one show where the CEOs take on entry-level positions at 7-11 and such.

    Have a great low carb weekend... and Have fun at the party tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are tasty ... but most people here don't drool over broccoli. Maybe if it were breaded and deep fried, lol.

    I like that show (Undercover Boss isn't it?). I cleaned the microwave and have been working on wall art for the last two days, so I thankfully escaped bathroom scrubbing.

    Have a great low-carb weekend too! Yay, it's almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pics, too.
    And you look great!
    Every time I think of Patron - I think of the movie Vanilla Sky.
    PATRON! Then slam down the shot glass!

    Little carbs all over the place.... even in the vitamines and supplements!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vanilla Sky. I need to watch that again. Carbs are sneaky for sure! Thanks for making me feel good about myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish we could "like" comments like we can on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ask and you shall receive. I added a [Like][Dislike] quick comment option. :) But I don't think it will tell me who liked or disliked it. Still cool for the "no time to comment" comments.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...