Friday, May 27, 2011

planking success

I skipped doing the 30-seconds of freezing cold at the end of my hot shower this morning. Although I had guilt about it my "pamper self" side won out this time. Yesterday morning I allowed the cold water to pour directly over my skull for so long that a shooting pain went through my head. That scared me and I immediately stopped the cold. That probably played a role in making my decision this morning though it would have been easily remedied by just not leaving the cold blast to chill my brain for so long next time. :P

Anyway, other than that first week I haven't had a big loss and though I think the cold is good for me I'm going to back off of the extremes. I wash my hands in cold soapy water during the day now too. And drink ice cold water all day of course. 203 today.

A girl that I work with also has Roborovski hamsters. One of her's died of old age Tuesday evening. :( I guess the top of their life span is 3.5 years. Cro thinks Critter has a long way to go yet ... he lives as stress-free of a life that I can give him and gets varied treats of veggies, fruits, nuts and proteins along with his good quality hamster kibble. He seems to like us and is eager to meet our hands when we open the habitat door. The eagerness is due to often receiving a hand-fed treat. I went to the pet store after work last night to pick up another bag of Blue Buffalo food for aging cats (Buddy Cat likes that brand lots) and to get a big bag of hamster bedding so I can clean his habitat this weekend.

YAY! The guy who was on vacation that I just KNEW would be brave enough to pose for a planking photo is back and he was and he did. :D



Change of plans for lunch today. I went out to O'Reilly's Pub with a co-worker/friend. The cool thing about doing low carb (even 4HB) is that I can find something to eat on just about any menu. I had a burger (no bun) with bacon. It was good!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 80ish protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs

6:30am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


10:30am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1 serving broccoli (2 carb), 1 serving cauliflower (3.5 carb)

 1pm
hamburger with bacon

5pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1 serving cauliflower (3.5 carb)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the plank!
    When it got cold and rainy here, I stopped with the coolness, too.
    Just only so much a gal can take in the name of trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that he was not only willing, he was looking for the best place to plank and had me take photos of several poses before he settled on one. Then he made the photo his facebook profile pic, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the abdominal control it took for him to stay that way until I got the photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice plank! You have a fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tom. :) I never know how boring I am but it's fun when people comment and like something.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...