Wednesday, May 4, 2011

rules again

Only 1 more pound to lose to be where I was last Saturday. That leaves three days to lose 2 pounds and be able to call this a productive week for 4HB weightloss.

Sometimes the rules break themselves. Eat within 30 minutes of waking (so I ate at 5:30am). Eat 3 or 4 meals per day spaced out 3-4 hours and eat the last meal an hour before bedtime. Um, I'm spacing them out but that just isn't livable. I don't go to bed that early.

I didn't want that first meal at all and choked it down with water. I understand the principle behind eating first thing but am going to have to work on how I implement that. My egg protein should be here soon and I can order the youbars with Groupon tomorrow.

If I didn't have to fit in meals around a crazy, sometimes lengthy, work schedule I would have an easier time following the rules. Sundays are easy.

I might make my upcoming free day a low-carb day to see if that works for me every other week or so. Planning alternate weeks before I've even done it once is getting ahead of myself though.

I'm interested to see if I still lose 4 pounds (give or take) if I don't have "cheat foods" on my free day. Those 4 pounds I lose every week are to make up for the 4 pounds I gain every free day. If I don't allow myself to gain on free day what will happen? Maybe nothing and I will have just missed the opportunity to eat cake without gaining weight, lol. But if I still lose 4 pounds how cool that would be.

I do plan to have yummy low-carb foods so it will still feel like free day. Things like Carb Smart ice cream, Atkins peanut butter cups, low-carb bread and Dreamfield's pasta.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 79.49 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11.5 carbs

5:30am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


10:30am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)

3:30am
90g sirloin (19.83 protein)
broccoli (2 carbs) & cauliflower (1.5 carbs)


7:30am
bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Your cheat days sound good - I must be hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how difficult it was to buy Atkins PB cups last night and put them into the cupboard knowing I can't have one until Saturday. Then I thought how silly (and cool) it is that I look forward to having diet soda and Atkins PB cups on my cheat day.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...