Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ugh

The scale says I'm back up to 212 this morning. That's a 5lb gain! :( I did better last week when using the free day to eat "real" indulgences. *sigh* I didn't keep track of carbs yesterday but I'll try to tally from memory. I made a very conscious effort to avoid the types of things I could normally have on a free day. I told myself throughout the day that it would be worth it when I weigh in Sunday and the gain is much less than normal. Wrong. I hope it all comes off again by next Saturday.

The only thing carby that I had was pomme frites (? carbs) with lunch at Brugge Brasserie.
For the rest of the day I had 1/2 serving of beef-n-onion stew from Brugge (guessing it at 10carbs),
Two servings of CarbSmart ice cream (10 carbs total)
with sliced strawberries (5 carbs)
and whipped cream (2carbs),
a grilled cheese sandwich on low carb bread (10g carbs for the bread and 2carbs for the cheese),
several Russel Stovers chocolates (10 carbs) with maltitol (artificial sweetener),
2 sugarfree Oreo cookies (7carbs each),
one serving of Dreamfield's pasta (5 carbs) with cheese (2 carbs) and bacon crumbles (the real kind that I made myself)
and diet soda with Splenda from my soda stream.

So that equals about 64carbs plus the frittes. I'm guessing it was about 100carbs for the day. Too many for me.

Rawr ... they add up. I should have been more wary. Just because the products are low carb doesn't mean they will add up to a low carb day.

I'll get through this. Live and learn. I'm about disappointed enough to cry though.

In the "breakfast" photo below I've lined up all the vitamins and supplements I take. That looks like a lot but I can take them quickly (two handfuls with a gulp of water each)
  • Policosanel, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Garlic, Green Tea are the PAGG stack I take with each meal for the 4HB diet.
  • Fish oil is good for lots of things but my eyes are the main reason I take it
  • Vitamin D is good for my MS
  • Melatonin is good for stress and for my MS
  • Acidophilus is a probiotic
  • in the glass is my egg white protein shake
I think I've listed all of them. In addition to all of that I also use Restasis drops for my dry eyes.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 74.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs

 7am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)

11am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)


3pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)


7pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1/2 serving broccoli (1 carb)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, don't cry. You experimented, it didn't go all that well, but that is what happens with experiments. It's OK. The extra lbs will be off soon. Artificial sweeteners could be the problem. Highly refined stuff, too. You eat whole and real all week and it might have been a shock and somewhat hard for the body to deal with processed stuff. Anyway, you tried, you learned and are moving on now. All will be well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Floriana. I won't cry for real but it has severely dampened my mood for the day. I might even have egg white protein shakes for the remainder of my day's meal and see if that helps to recover from the gain a little faster. I was starting to see the 100's back in site but they are over the horizon again now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you those 5lbs will poof right off in the next week. Nutri told me it is impossible to gain that much weight overnight, she said something like this is water gain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that you had the gain... but try to remember, it was not for nothing if you learned a lesson from it... but I know it really freaking sucks when you are following a plan to the tee and comes back to bite you in the ass. :( hugs... You will get through this and get to one-derland, one good choice at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. SheZug - It's great to hear that your nutri says it's impossible and has to be water gain. Now that I think about it I did have hard liquor (rum and diet coke) at the party. Maybe that 2 pound loss the night before was dehydration from the alcohol. That would make the gain more in the normal range. Still sucks since I ate lower carb treats on my free day. Ah well ... I'm over it and moving forward.

    Angie - you are right. Lessons don't always come cheap but they are worthwhile. I should just focus on good choices that will move me forward. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am agreed with all of your views related with Pagg Stacks

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...