Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week15 begins

Up 3 pounds after yesterday's free day. I weighed right after lunch and was only up one pound ... if only I'd cut myself off for the rest of the day. Alas, that is what free day is about though. A day to eat and gain a little back in hopes that this is the golden ticket to keep metabolism going. It is a fun day to look forward to and I don't allow myself to go crazy with it.

Today I will cook meals to hopefully last through next Friday. It may seem that my weekly meals are stuck in a rut of sameness but I still look forward to them so it doesn't bother me. The sameness keeps me from thinking about food all day, which I think is a good thing. Preparing things ahead of time and measuring everything ensures that I'm not cheating myself by allowing any opportunity for portion-creep to get in. Out with the creeps! *the creep sulks away muttering*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 74.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 19 carbs

7am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)

11am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1 serving broccoli (2 carb), 1 serving cauliflower (3.5 carb)

 3pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
1 serving broccoli (2 carb), 1 serving cauliflower (3.5 carb)

7pm
egg white protein shake (24 protein)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, for me, sameness brings a certain sense of calm. I have no problem with making a meal and eating leftovers for days upon days, as long as it's good and low carb. Oh, and I don't ever seem to get sick of oopsies, either. When it works, the Same can bring Sanity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! :) Plus it takes away the question of whether my loss or gain is due to what I'm eating and how much. If I'm eating the very same things in the same proportions it much just be some sort of nature body chemistry and not my fault.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...