Friday, June 3, 2011

80's

I didn't feel like using the straightening iron on my hair this morning and so today I'm sporting a near-80's do. I sort of like it though, lol. I was a kid in the 80's so big kinky hair and stonewash jeans with a knee artfully ripped to show some skin were my kind of fashion. :P

Cro and I plan to make the short trip to Geist reservoir tomorrow. Another photo opportunity for my restaurant project and since it's our free day, I can actually enjoy what the place has to offer without restriction. I'm thinking about trying the sweet potato fries with marshmallow and caramel dipping sauces.

Today however, I'm on track to match last week's weigh-in *sigh*. This is the moment when my brain starts scrambling for the escape hatch. But the "no drastic measures" rule is still in effect so though I think I'll cut the cheat day down by half, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and ride this out.

I've received a blog award from the lovely miss Floriana and so per the rules, I'll list 10 things about myself before naming who I'd also like to pass this award to. I'll do my best to make them relatively weight related and to reveal 10 5 things that I haven't already covered during my 3+ years of blogging here ... so that is going to take some thought.

Thank you Floriana. It's cool to be recognized by someone who's blog I enjoy lots too.

1. When I was a kid I had a horse who was aptly named Buster. Buster was a firecracker that I raised myself, first riding him when he was a yearling and I was 11. We were a great team and he trusted me implicitly. Buster was beautiful with white hair, pink skin and light blue eyes. His fair complexion and eyes weren't made for the summer sun, however. When we went on rides in the middle of the hottest months he would often walk with eyes closed, trusting me to guide him around anything dangerous. On one of these closed-eyes rides he became so drowsy that he lay down in the middle of the road. He popped up again quickly when he realized I was still in the saddle and not appreciative of his nap. I was a slim kid but come on, I wasn't THAT light.

2. I love to read ... AND to write. I took a post grad writing class at Indiana University just because I was interested. That was a great experience and well worth whatever few hundred dollars I threw at it. I used to write short fiction and poetry, ran an e-zine called "The Storyteller's Circle" and e-published submissions of short fiction and poetry that I found worthy of readers. I haven't written anything new in a long while and my shoebox of submission/rejection records is dusty. I've been published in a small literary magazine called The Moraine and have won several state poetry contests. Long ago I allowed a little e-zine called "Dark Planet" to publish a short story (a few paragraphs really) titled "Cold Love". It's still there if you are curious. Talking about this is making me want to start writing and submitting again.

Ugh, this post is becoming a wall of words. I'm going to make the next three items short.

3. I love scary movies but they prevent a good night's sleep for days sometimes. I still am uncomfortable when there is no moon and it's pitch black. This unfounded fear is due to previews of a horror movie that I didn't even watch. It was about a scary tooth fairly that could only hurt you if you were in a completely dark room. Hey, the movie "Pitch Black" was like that too in that the monsters could only get you in the dark ... I liked that movie solely because of Vin Diesel.

Still too wordy and not weight related. Okay, one sentence food-related items:

4. I like salty-crunchy more than sweet-chewy ... mmm popcorn.

5. My favorite type of ice cream is pumpkin ... I can mimic it by adding cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice to Carb Smart ice cream.

And I must choose a few of you to pass the award onto. Since I cut the list of 10 things down to 5 I think it's appropriate that I list 5 bloggers who I think will read this and respond. The award graphic is above and I can't wait to read your 5 (or 10) things I didn't know!

The next Adorable Blogger Awards go to:
SheZug of The Wee Little Blog
Anne of Carb Tripper
Angie of Low Carb Living
Grace of Grace Notes
Jack of Jack Sh*t Gettin' Fit

But that's only five of the wonderful blogs I read. Check out the blogroll in the right column of this page for lots more that are worthy of a read.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 56.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 19 carbs

6am
80g grilled chicken breast (20 protein)
 peppers (2 carbs)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


11am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli and peppers (4 carbs)


4pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli and peppers (4 carbs)

2 comments:

  1. woooooo an award! Hee hee, I nominated Anne too.

    Artfully ripped stonewashed jeans. I'll never forget my Uncle, who is only 5 yrs older than me sitting down at the kitchen table ripping his jeans to look like the lead singer of Def Lepard. We used to make so much fun of him for it. He might have some pictures of facebook I can scare up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually begged mom to purchase pre-ripped jeans. She didn't understand the trend but thankfully did buy them. :) I loved those jeans.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...