Thursday, June 16, 2011

churrascaria is not scaria ... though it does bring to mind the chupacabras!

And the chupacabras also eats meat!

This 4HB slow-carb thing is certainly lonely in the blog world but as slow and quiet as it is, I'm still going and still losing. There is a facebook page to connect with people but bloggers who keep  it up for more than a few weeks seem to be rare.

I only had enough lamb to make meals through today. Tomorrow I'll be grilling a couple of Hebrew National kosher franks and roasting another batch of broccoli.

Cro has acquiesced to having our date a bit later than usual so we can go to Fogo de Chão on his birthday. I'm excited too! Thanks to SheZug for posting about her anniversary night and reminding me of this Brazilian restaurant we have been saving for a special occasion (it's expensive). Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse menu is a low-carber's dream but since we'll be going on a Saturday (free day) I can try a few non-low-carb items too if I like.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 82.5 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs

6am
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5carbs)

11am
60g combined lamb & sausage (42.5 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)

3pm
I skipped this meal.


6pm
bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it is a low carber's dream! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...