Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm on the edge!

But not like that Lady Gaga song ...

I'm on the edge of one-derland. :D

I weigh an even 200 pounds and I have one day to go before free day begins. It took a good while but I'm very encouraged. Soon (well relatively soon) I'll be back where I started before the weight crept up on me. The cool thing is that I remember very well what each of the next 5 pound milestone weights felt like on the way up.

  • I remember what it felt like to be 195 and creeping higher (it didn't feel too out of control but it was scary knowing my breaks were out even though I was stomping on them hard).

  • I remember 190 and how I was so disappointed with myself but knew it was fixable.

  • I remember 185 and still feeling close to the top of the world, just a few steps off the peak and not in a panic about falling.

  • At 180 I felt happy and still within the buffer zone (the gain-loss zone of weight that feels like normal body fluctuation).

  • At 175 I felt like a normal person ... sexy and flirty and full of energy, confidence and determination. I'll be there again. At the rate I'm going I guess it won't be until November or December ... that really isn't so far away.

On the way back down each of these milestones will feel like a celebration.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 102.5 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 13 carbs

6am
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5carbs)

10:30am
60g combined lamb & sausage (42.5 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)

2pm
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5carbs)

6pm
bacon (20 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. hey almost to onederland! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am very happy for you for getting so close to Onederland!

    I, too, remember how it felt to go up to 200 pounds. What an awful feeling. I just felt so helpless so i let it get out of control. I let it happen. Now, I have to lose quite a bit of weight just to get back DOWN to 200! It's funny how a number can be so daunting one year and then so beautiful the next, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost is onederland. yayayay! :) Thanks for the cheer, SheZug.

    Jessica, I just popped by your blog due to your comment and wow, not only are you a beauty but so are both of those kids. I give you lots of respect for being step-mommy to a special needs child (my sister is special needs also so I have a little experience with that in a much different way). And no you shouldn't feel guilty about your pride and unconditional love for your own son. They are both very lucky kids to have you for a loving mommy, I can tell that just by reading a few posts. Keep up the great work on the diet and exercise because it is so worth it. My thoughts keep going back to a quote my own mom kept posted on her fridge: "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." I know it's true from experience.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...