Tuesday, June 14, 2011

kings & beheadings

beheading ... that word seems incorrect. Wouldn't deheading be more accurate?

Same meals as yesterday.

This is fun, creepy or nostalgic, depending on how you look at it: http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

We watched Game of Thrones episode 9 last night. It concluded some stories in a very sad manner, planted a few cliffhangers for the season finalé and left many seeds of growing interest. One more episode remains this season? Boooo! I hope season two doesn't linger too long in the incubator. Master Chef was a rerun ... already! Or maybe it was a rerun followed by the new episode? I'll have to check the DVR tonight.

I had an industrious Monday evening. After arriving home from work I mowed both the front and back lawn (we have a fairly large yard). Mowing is great stress relief. The weather is almost too perfect and our mulberry tree is fully laden with berries. I should pick a few to enjoy next Saturday. Picking mulberries is as easy as gently shaking a limb (or brushing a limb out of the way when mowing). Since I'm not keen on clothing with purple dots I avoid mowing under that tree until the berries are gone.

Cro received an email last night informing everyone at his work that employee lunch times have been cut to 30 minutes (down from an hour). He doesn't have time to take lunch on most days anyway but when he does he usually drives home for the hour. With only half an hour he won't be able to have lunch at home in future.  I used to drive home in the days of living 3 minutes from the office. I got more sleep back then too. Times have changed for us. I now have lunch at my desk every day and you guys see what I bring from home in the pics below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 125 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs

6am
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5carbs)

11am
60g combined lamb & sausage (42.5 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)

3pm
60g combined lamb & sausage (42.5 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)

6pm
bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

2 comments:

  1. I've come to appreciate lawn-cutting as a good (and useful) way to get my sweat on, too.

    Cutting lunch hour to half hour? That sounds like the kind of change a company makes in a tight job market. Did they change smoke breaks to "smoke minutes". Why do we reward smokers with free time outdoors anyway? Are we encouraging folks to smoke just to get some fresh air and sunshine? Did I just hi-jack your post and change the subject? Why am I so full of questions today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you are verbally constipated?

    I think they make such changes because they can. Bad economy = ya no puede caminar. (from song "La cucaracha")

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...