Thursday, June 9, 2011

limpy McGee

I've remedied the nasty-tasting office water situation, at least for today and tomorrow. I haven't been drinking enough water this week and I can't help but wonder if that is slowing my weight loss. That combine with adding salt to my meals seems to equal bad news. Ah well, no more salt and lots more water. Maybe things will shake out by Saturday morning.

I walked to Arby's with the guys yesterday. I thought a huge unsweetened iced tea – heavy on the ice – would be a great way to get in more water. By the time we walked the two blocks to get back to the office all of the ice in my drink had melted (I drank it anyway after adding a few drops of stevia). It was a HOT day. 95 fahrenheit. Of course my legs moved as though they were powered by cheap rechargeable AA batteries ... power was draining fast. That's a bad analogy since I wasn't tired and had more than enough power. The power doesn't get through, it escapes via the demyelinated nerves. I guess it's more like pushing with all of my might but only 10% of that effort getting through, except when by chance enough does get through for a split second and I have to throttle back quickly or else step on someone.

It's frustrating when I know the guys are trying to go a little more slowly than normal without saying it's to allow me to keep up. Generally it's more difficult to keep things under control if I have to pace myself more slowly than I would choose to go ... but there was a big group of us and I had to concentrate not to walk on the back of anyone's shoes. I made it, fooling myself that the growing imbalance wasn't all that noticeable.
*sigh* I really just want to be normal.

There is a strawberry festival happening at the circle downtown today and I know the guys are going to walk over and get a strawberry shortcake with ice cream. I haven't decided if I will go. I can't have the shortcake nor ice cream and though strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream would be low carb I'm not to have fruit nor dairy on 4HB ... but I could go for the walk. The lines were notoriously long last year and we were queued up in the sun for over an hour, which I really would love and I might even get some tan. I'm afraid my legs would be completely short circuited though. I may go if I can make the excuse not to walk back with the guys so they won't see me limp.

Anyway, nothing much to speak of regarding the diet. Same meals, same weight. Two days left before the weekend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 65.2 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs


5:30am
bacon (10 protein)

10:30am
80g sirloin (17.6 protein)
red beans (3.5 carbs)
cauliflower (2 carbs)

3pm
80g sirloin (17.6 protein)
red beans (3.5 carbs)
cauliflower (2 carbs)


7:30pm
bacon (20 protein)

4 comments:

  1. I used to hate it when I couldn't keep up the pace when walking with others. Sometimes they wouldn't even notice or were so self centered to give me a "why don't you keep up?" look. I am pretty fast now, though, so it hasn't happened in a while.

    Do you exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my home elliptical lots and do squats. I can go 20miles (which takes me about an hour) with the recumbent bike. I can also use strength training machines without falling over though I haven't been doing that for the last few months ... it's just the treadmill and anything that requires balance that I have to be wary of. Believe me, the problem isn't my stamina, it's my multiple sclerosis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I know. I am sorry. I forget, very self centered of me. I won't pretend to know how it is, but I am sure it's tough. Hope you can enjoy the strawberry festival in some way :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. They left me behind (one of the guys texted me but I decided that I wouldn't let the strawberries tempt me). Another lady here reported the strawberries were more sugar than berry. Aren't they sweet enough without sugar?

    You didn't offend me if you were thinking so. I appreciate your comments and think it's very cool that you have worked hard to not be the one who can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...