Thursday, June 2, 2011

Marshmallow

Construction of the Cultural Trail is in full effect outside the office today. Our building is located on one block of diagonal street which is now completely behind barricades. I can only access my parking spot by driving an extra block south, then east, then into the rear of the lot. I suppose the construction will continue throughout June if not longer. Oh the pleasant sound of jack hammers and large machinery.

I'm here early again this morning and reveling in the quiet. Quietly reveling in the quiet, that is. Soon begins the clatter of outdoor construction and the chatter of business.

I'm still two pounds above where I need to be for Saturday's weigh-in. I'll be disappointed if I don't make it but I'm not freaking out. The longer I diet the more I learn that no matter how perfectly I eat, my body won't be rushed and will respond on a schedule which is unbeknownst to me. "Keep Doing" should be my bumper sticker.

I had the last of my protein shake powder for breakfast. I'm hesitant to buy more in the name of saving money, however, the price of bacon is just as expensive so that settles it. I'd like more Quest bars too but "Let's not get crazy" says my wallet.

Fat arms are on display again today.
It's easier to forget about the fat when
it's hot ... but our office is COLD today.
I'm wearing short sleeves again today and regretting it in light of how chilly it is inside the office. I'm going to have to throw on something with sleeves if I want to concentrate on work. That or build a little campfire beside my desk. Speaking of campfires I wish there was such a thing as low-carb marshmallows without sugar alcohols. Maybe they exist and I have yet to discover them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 80.44 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 17 carbs

5am
egg white protein shake (24 protein)
probiotic supplement (1carb)


10:30am
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli and peppers (4 carbs)


3pm
60g sirloin (13.22 protein)
1/8 cup red beans (4 carbs)
broccoli and peppers (4 carbs)


7pm
bacon (20 protein)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Oct, I gave you an award. You can find it on my blog here: Adorable Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. low carb marshmallows have me weak in the knees just thinking about them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Thank you Floriana. I'll have to give the answers some thought before I post the award.

    Angie - you and me both! Guilty secret: I often pick up a bag of marshmallows at the grocery just to give them a little squeeze and let the marshmallow smell waft in the air. :9 Weird ... but they smell so good.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...