Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sleep. Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep. Work. Sleep.

Four days until staycation week. Four days to lose three pounds if I want to record a loss. 202 today.

We watched the season finalé of Game of Thrones last night and I was blown away. I've enjoyed theorizing what will happen next but never before has a plot thrown me so thoroughly. I'm impressed and intrigued and so happy that the story thus far has reportedly remained very true to the novels. I have the novels (so far unread) and I don't intend to wait 6 months to a year for season2 of the television series to be released before I dig in. I can get wrapped up in a book just as easily as a movie – if not more so. One cool thing about people is that we can vividly visualize the world inside a book. And bonus ... no advertising.

I bought loads of frozen broccoli at the grocery last night ... 10 bags for $10. Tonight I'll be roasting broccoli, roasting broccoli, roasting broccoli. :9 Or maybe I will just brown that ground sausage and add red beans for a semi-chili. I'm feeling guilty about not having legumes again this week. I dunno ... I'll decide what to do tonight.

For today I have a lovely assortment of Hebrew National kosher beef franks, pan fried to perfection and sliced into bite-sized bits (because it's easier to eat at my computer with a fork in one hand rather than with fork and knife). I also will be enjoying cauliflower lightly coated with olive oil and roasted to a savory golden brown. Finally I'll have broccoli, tossed in olive oil and caramelized.

It sounds pretty good when I write about it. :P It is pretty good really. I know because I had the same thing yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 64 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 19 carbs


6am
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5 carbs)


10:30pm
2 Hebrew National kosher beef franks (12 protein, 2 carbs)
broccoli & cauliflower (5 carbs)

4pm
2 Hebrew National kosher beef franks (12 protein, 2 carbs)
broccoli & cauliflower (5 carbs)

8pm
bacon (20 protein)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...