Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week17 begins

I woke up this morning thinking it was 11am. Later I said teasingly to Cro "You are going to sleep your day away." Ha, it was only 7am. Weird.

First thing I did was to prepare 15 meals for the week. All but two of them consist of ground sirloin, red beans and cauliflower. The other two consist of grilled chicken, grilled peppers&onions and cauliflower. If I'm to have 4 small meals per day Mon-Fri I am short 8 meals. Those can consist of only a protein though and I have plenty of grilled chicken and bacon in the fridge. Meal prep for the week accomplished!

Two boxes of Quest bars should arrive in the mail Thursday. That will take care of this crazy mandate to eat within 20-30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking.

The free day gain this time is only +2 pounds! I took a nap late yesterday afternoon and didn't wake until 8pm. Since it was so late in the day it was easy to forgo my planned meal of Dreamfield's pasta and just have a slice of the low-carb cinnamon walnut bread instead.

Historically I gain 3-4 pounds each free day but I only gained 2 this time. I usually lose 3-5 pounds during the following week. If the numbers stays true I will have that nap to thank for the extra loss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 72.8 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 22.5 carbs

9am
80g sirloin (17.6 protein)
red beans (3.5 carbs)
cauliflower (4 carbs)

1pm
80g sirloin (17.6 protein)
red beans (3.5 carbs)
cauliflower (4 carbs)


4pm
bacon (20 protein)


8pm
80g sirloin (17.6 protein)
red beans (3.5 carbs)
cauliflower (4 carbs)

2 comments:

  1. I like how you get that charr on the veggies. What's the secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preheat the oven to 435, spread the frozen cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with about .25 cup olive oil, bake for 35ish minutes. If you don't use frozen cauliflower I'm sure the baking time will be different. After they have the right amount of color I lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Yum. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...