Wednesday, June 22, 2011

the will to lose

I'm 201 today. I think my force of will is bullying the scale to do my bidding. lol ... okay, maybe not but I said several times before I got on the scale that it had to be 201 so that tomorrow it can have a chance to be 200 and Friday maybe Onederland. :) If only weight loss was as easy as wishing it to be so. I'm on track so far at least.

And something good seems to be happening. I know that weight is more than a number on the scale. I feel like my body composition has shifted toward where I want to go. My clothes are getting loose and there is a noticeably larger space between me and the steering wheel of the Jeep when I drive. I should move the seat forward another notch but I think I'd like experiencing that larger space for a bit longer first.

Hoping for a less stressful work day than yesterday. Yesterday I got here at 7am and headed home at 7pm. I barely got up from my desk ... I took a short walk outside at 2 just to clear my head and get some air. I walked past Fogo de Chão and smiled thinking of the ever-nearing Saturday celebrating Cro's birthday. Today may be another late one but tomorrow after work is my hair pampering (cut and highlights). Either later tonight or Friday night I think I will be meeting up with a freelance client for a small project. Ha, and Matt just emailed asking if I could do a WordPress project for him. Guess my vacation will be partially dedicated to learning WordPress. :)

Rather than stopping by the grocery last night I decided to roast more broccoli and brown ground sausage. I ended up adding more protein in the form of bacon since when divided into six meals it wasn't anywhere near 20 grams ... ah well. It saved me a trip to the store and I'm still within my target protein amount for the day.

Three days until vacation ... erm ... staycation!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Today's meals total 62 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs


6am
Quest protein bar (20 protein, 5 carbs)


10:30pm
ground sausage & bacon (11 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)



4pm
ground sausage & bacon (11 protein)
broccoli (3 carbs)


8am
bacon (20 protein)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

  1. Wow... you're right there on the edge. It's been fun to watch you achieve your goals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to move my blog over to wordpress recently, but I like blogger better. I also checked into tumblr, but blogger won out again. Used to have a blog on yahoo, but only blogged once or twice. I doubt I could remember my username. Anyhoo. Have fun on staycation~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gets me is how little "cheating" can really wreck havoc on a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jack. I need something to push me over!

    SheZug - I've played around with the WordPress blog aspect before too but was more drawn to the little community here. I maybe play with it more as I work toward learning how to build in the WordPress professional website design thing (WordPress.org rather than WordPress.com). That's what I'll be working toward learning. Hurts my brain, lol.

    Anne - Since I know ruts and loophole get me into trouble I have to be careful not to let things slide like the amount of protein required. Also taking my supplements and drinking lots of water. No havoc for me please. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...