Friday, July 22, 2011

life, death, chicken, peppers, cheese, kitty, meals

I called mom this morning to confirm her year of birth in order to add her as the contingence beneficiary (in case Cro and I die at the same time I guess) to my work-provided life insurance. She said "Oh! How much will I get?" lol Maybe I should choose a different contingency beneficiary. :P

Everyone knows but I have to proclaim my happiness anyway ... It's Friday!!

Tomorrow is free day, we are going to PF Changs China Bistro (mmm Kung Pao chicken) and I am 197 this morning (so I've lost that pound from last week). I want another one but whatev. I think I will make a chicken and veggy casserole with peas, carrots and mushrooms for free day dinner. 

I may get some fresh mozzarella to mix with chives and stuff a few peppadew peppers too. Mmm cheese. Only on free day. That has been one of the most difficult things to give up 6-days a week. Cheese. I feel healthier for it though. I don't think I was made to eat cheese regularly. Maybe the slight lactose intolerance was a hint. :P Oh, and nuts. I didn't realize they could contribute to inflammation. I read that on a page of this adorable blog).

Our house hasn't been too warm ever since we closed the air conditioning vents to the extra rooms, basement and garage. Next week is supposed to be a little cooler so things can go back to normal. In order to keep the basement from cooling we keep the stairway door closed. This has upset Buddy Cat since his litter pan is in the basement. I've set up a litter pan next to the stairway door so he isn't without. It's upsetting to his routine though, poor kitty. 

I tell him that he is lucky to be an indoor kitty but the only people words he seems to understand are "No" "Get down" "Want some treats?" "Go to your bed" and "That's all for now, come back tomorrow". I'm not sure if he understands all of that last one but he get's the gist of it. It's what Cro says every evening when he's finished giving out kitty treats.

Same meals as yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 56 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 22 carbs

6am
Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)

11pm
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)





2pm
Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)


7pm
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Ever since my wife found out how much life insurance I have, I've started sleeping with one eye open...

    ReplyDelete
  2. just don't die from lack of sleep. or maybe that is her plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came home to a delicious smelling home and a crock pot full of porky goodness ala Oct & Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay :) I made a chicken pot pie in preparation for being able to eat some of it tomorrow. We still have lots of Cro's pulled pork in the fridge too. Hearing about your crock pot makes me want to plan something and find where mine is shelved.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...