Tuesday, July 26, 2011

one sandwich - extra odd please

It seems as though my metabolic efforts are confounded again. I forgot to pack a Quest bar. Of all things to forget it has to be the one I look forward to the most. :P

That trips up my efforts to eat small meals more frequently since all that I'm left with for the work day is one already-small meal. Eating a Quest bar the moment I get home won't help anything. Hmm, maybe I can grab a sliced turkey lettuce wrap from Jimmy Johns (deli-style sandwich shop) later to replace the missing meal. They will think it extra odd to make a lettuce wrap with nothing but turkey (no cheese, no sauce, no tomato, no onion). Hmm, I could add bacon though. Turkey and bacon wrapped in lettuce. That sounds good.

Problem solved. Four small meals is supposedly better for metabolism than 3 normal meals. Five teeny meals would have allowed me to space them out even further but that doesn't seem possible today.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 83 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 16 carbs

7:30am
sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)


12pm
deli turkey & bacon (20 protein)
lettuce wrap (2 carbs)

3pm

sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)

6pm
bacon (15 protein)

2 comments:

  1. There are JimmyJohns here. I should try them one day, have an unwhich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the nutrition calculator on their website. And that I can get an unwich with extra "un" :) no cheese, no sauce, no tomato.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...