Monday, July 18, 2011

peppadews and don'ts

On Sunday I prepared and packaged all of my meals for the work week. Yay for preparedness and for not having to worry about the task of cooking until next Sunday. It is my turn to choose the date place and I think this time it will be PF Chang. This whole free day thing is liberating and fun. I know the sameness of my meals during the week would drive other people crazy but it's easy when I plan ahead. And extraordinarily difficult when I don't ... see last week and the Quest Bar overload. I won't be making that mistake again.

It's funny how I love to watch other people cook but when presented with the task I find it to be a chore. I'm very much into Food Network Star, Master Chef, and Chopped and am looking forward to the next season of Hell's Kitchen (does that premier tonight?!), that food truck challenge and Aaron Sanchez' new show. I never have enough time to watch everything when it airs, but that's what the DVR is for.

Below are a couple of things I want to review again later I think it was Anne who posted the first one on her facebook.

I like how she explains metabolism.


And I need to see what's on sale at Walgreens before I stop by there tonight. I'm out of garlic supplements and polycosanol.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 56 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs

6am
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)

11pm
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)


3pm
Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)


7pm
bacon (20 protein)

2 comments:

  1. i watched that video last night. hmm wonder where we got it?

    I can't stay up to watch HK tonight, I'm really bummed about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was Anne on facebook! I edited to give her credit since I found it worth a second look.

    I couldn't stay up to watch it either. I was home, but fell asleep!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...