Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday woot

I caught both Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef last night and didn't fall asleep thanks to refraining from the Benadryl. Our air conditioning isn't keeping up with the horrible heat though so I finally took a Benadryl at 1am just to be able to sleep.

The scale has been ignored for the last three days as an experiment in it's effect upon my mood. Not knowing how much I had gained from my last free day actually worked out well since this morning the scale says I'm exactly the same as last Saturday (198lbs ... no gain). That probably means I gained 3 pounds Saturday and have lost them already. Cool. :) As crappy and stressful as this week has started out to be, at least knowing I'm sure to garner a loss by next Saturday makes me happy.

I worked a bit late last night and got here at 6am this morning. Meeting in 14 minutes so I'd better wrap this up quickly. I have new photos for meals today though I'll swap them out later. The measurements and counts are the same as shown. Ooh, and I received the new PB&J Quest Bars yesterday. I'll let you know what I think after I have one. I'd say that one per day is not inhibiting my weight loss what-so-ever. It might have been that I had an overload of protein during that week I gained and not the fault of the Quest bars at all.

*update: PB&J Quest Bars are another winner. I think my favs are in this order: Chocolate, Mixed Berry, PB&J, Apple, PB.

*update2: Ick. I got "odorless" garlic supplements from Walgreen last time and no, they are not odorless after you burp.

*update3: Though I continue to call my way of eating "4HB" I think a more fair name for it would be "4HB-inspired". Low carb, regulated protein, 4 mini-meals per day, supplements, lots of water and one free day per week. It works for me whatever it's called. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 66 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs

6am
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)

10:30pm
Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)

2pm
sirloin and ground sausage (8 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew peppers (4 carbs)

7pm
pulled pork with hot sauce (30 protein)

2 comments:

  1. i tried to stay up to watch HK, but zonked out on the couch after a few minutes. I never ever thought I'd see PB be third & fifth on your list. Remember when you ate peanut butter everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, did I miss one? The DVR will have it. I only watched So You Think You Can Dance last night ... and a recorded new episode of Chopped.

    PB is good, and low carb, and quick and easy. I guess all of those good things made me lean on it too much. :) These Quest bars are also good, low carb, high protein, quick and easy. I must be careful with these too I think!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...