Tuesday, August 2, 2011

burning ring of peppers

I'm caught up on The Next Food Network Star (yay, Vic is still in it but I think the Sandwich King guy may win). The DVR didn't record Hell's Kitchen but I caught the last 10 minutes so know who was eliminated ... meh, I'm not all that into it this season. Masterchef is the one I'm into and I got to see the entire episode. My favs are Derrick and Ben. I'm sure Derrick has a snowball's chance in Indiana August to win but I like him. No one was eliminated last night so that doesn't bode well for Derrick and the girls next week.

A guy from work brought in a few habanero and jalapeño peppers from a friend's garden so I chopped up a habanero last night and distributed it among my meals for the week. Wow, those little guys are spicy hot!! I like it. Though I washed my hands with sudsy soap over and over and over I still ended up with burning pepper oil in one eye by the next morning. lol ... The yumminess was worth the pain.

The state fair starts Friday and I'm so tempted to go on my free day just to have a deep fried Klondike bar. I'm sure I won't but knowing that I could while on this diet plan is fun. I'm working toward 195 and hope to there by Saturday!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 93 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


bacon (25 protein)

2 comments:

  1. I heard that you can even buy deep fried kool-aid. how is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Okay, thinking about how it could be possible now ... maybe they freeze the koolaid, batter it and pop it in the hot oil just long enough to crisp the coating. Seems like it would be messy to eat.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...