Friday, August 5, 2011

Hippy girl

To get to 175 I need to lose 21 pounds (and then I'll re-evaluate and likely want to lose some more). But having an achievable goal does make things less depressing. I think my hips must have gone back for seconds when God was handing out portions.

Boring alert:
This morning was an interesting drive to work. I think I need to get back into the discipline of eating before I drive. Having an empty stomach (other than supplements) is not helping this nausea issue one bit (I made the journey safely but it wasn't fun). I may have to take a Benadryl along with a "Stay Awake" before the morning drive, along with the two ginger supplements. That's a heck of a lot of extra things to take twice a day in addition to my diet supplements (garlic, alpha lipoic acid and green tea), eye health supplement, Restasis, the supplements I take to help keep the MS in check (such as vitamin D and B12) and a probiotic. 

I could call the neuro-opthamologist office again to stress that I either need to see the doctor or be referred to someone who is willing to be responsive when I'm having an MS flair-up. *sigh* ... as long as it doesn't get worse I think I can hang in there and hope it subsides given another week or two. :P

And of course, it's another crazy busy day. But it's Friday!

I dreamt that Cro changed his last name to "Kelly". That made me Tracy Robbins-Kelly. Glad it was only a dream. Weird! I don't know where "Kelly" came from. I work with a girl named Kelly and Matt has a friend whose last name is Kelly. In the dream it had nothing to do with either of these coincidences.

It's our "free day" tomorrow. I think we are going to Longhorn Steakhouse. Mmm, steak.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 93 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


bacon (25 protein)

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great. How do you keep your focus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I eat my handful-o-supplements on an empty stomach, it's horrific for nausea.

    You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SheZug - Thanks. I think knowing that I get a free day if I'm good helps to MAKE me be so focused during the week. I think anyone can be successful in temporary sacrifice. I dunno. It might also just be my crazy personality. I do find ways to cheat myself while remaining within the rules if the rules are slack enough for a loophole (like cheese being low carb but not helping me lose weight).

    Angie - I was thinking the same thing this morning and ate two bites of my breakfast so my stomach wouldn't be empty when I took all of the supplements. Thanks for the compliment. I don't know about great but I look brave to be showing a full-body photo. If I ever win the lottery I think those hips are going to meet Mr. Liposuction machine.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...