Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Woot! is now in the dictionary

I am 196 today with 4 weigh-ins to go before free-day. It seems that I lose the free-day gain fairly early in the week but losing a new pound beyond that is as slow as ever. That makes sense though. And hopefully it means that this free-day thing really is working to keep my metabolism shaken up. 

As I browse back though my diet blog history I can see that I've been aware of the fact that eating differently one day a week has potential. I used to call it "up-it day", meaning that I up my calories and carbs on that one day. Now I call it free-day. It's basically the same thing except now I am much more restrictive regarding what I eat for the other 6 days. I'm tracking protein as well as carbs and I'm avoiding foods that seem to give me portion control problems (such as dairy and nuts). It makes for a boring – but predictable – menu. I like how predictable it has made this weight-loss thing. Slow but steady! And free-day is something to look forward to every week.

It's Cro's turn to pick our date restaurant. I love how fun that is each week. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 88 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 8 carbs


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the video I posted. It sure made me smile, too. :-)

    I see where you talked about learning healthful ways that help with MS. I know for me, with Lupus and Limited Scleroderma, that since I switched to low carb 2 years ago, the amount of serious flare-ups have dropped down so low, it's amazing! Made a huge difference. That's just one reason I can't see ever going back.

    Here's to our good health!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared the video with my husband and he was also amazed. Since he is a zoology guy it's fun to share something that even amazes him. :) He wondered if this behavior is localized to that group or if it's been seen elsewhere. I suggested that it may be something that this group stumbled upon and would be readily emulated if other dolphin saw it. If I were a dolphin and saw others doing this I'd want to try too!

    Yes, low carb is a miracle to me when it comes to MS. I'm not even on medications unless I have a flair-up that I can't ride out and need an IV solu-medrol treatment. I haven't had one that I couldn't ride out for a long long while. (knock on wood)

    Wishing you the best!
    ~oct

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...