Wednesday, August 10, 2011

yay Wednesday

Watched Master Chef last night and am sad that Ben Star is now also out of the running. :( I like Master Chef lots ... much more than I like Hell's Kitchen (I'm an episode behind but it's on the DVR). It's fun to see Ramsey actually show what a decent guy he is. I believe the gruff persona is necessary to whip knuckleheads into shape. I also read more of my wonderful wonderful book. Love getting lost in a well-written world.

I allowed myself to consult with the scale this morning. 196 :) That means I will for sure have a loss by Saturday! I am liking that I know this program well enough now that I can predict how long it will take before the free day gain is back to normal. I also like skipping the scale for 2 or 3 days and not obsessing ... just let the process work and try not to freak out with fluctuations. Here's the process so far:

- Saturday - free day (exercise, take my supplements, eat whatever I like but not to excess)
- Sunday - eat on plan. weigh to see the free day gain (normally 4 or 5 pounds)
- Monday - eat on plan. don't weigh, don't worry
- Tuesday - eat on plan. don't weigh, don't worry
- Wednesday - eat on plan. can weigh if I want to
- Thursday - eat on plan. can weigh if I want to but if I weighed yesterday best not
- Friday - eat similar to below. weigh. should be back to the last free day weight or maybe less
- Saturday - weigh and record the results ... it's free day again. :)

I dug through my cabinet today and noticed that I have a few old bottles of St. John's Wort, Zoloft and Effexor (all for depression and all several years old). I remember icky withdrawal for each of these things but thinking that Zoloft wasn't that bad, I took half of one this morning. Yeah, I've been more on the frowny-worry-side lately. I acknowledge that this was a stupid move but I do feel better right now. I know that taking old medicine is a bad idea. And I know that self dosing is a bad idea. Hopefully it won't bite me in the butt later this week. I don't plan to continue taking them (I read about them to remind myself why I feared them in the first place). Ah well, I'll enjoy the morning since my "stress speakers" have been turned down a bit and hope that half a pill today won't cause withdrawal when I don't take any tomorrow. If I were smart I would flush the rest down the toilet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals total 93 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 18 carbs


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


sirloin and ground sausage (24 protein)
.125 cup red beans (3 carbs) 
diced peppadew and habanero peppers (2 carbs)


bacon (25 protein)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...