Friday, September 23, 2011

15 pounds is not nothing

I trained the freelance client on how to use their CMS to update the new website last night. It went fantastic, they picked up on what to do quickly and expressed how this is SO much easier than their old website and how the website looks SO much better than their old website and how excited and happy they are with everything. The best compliment I received was them asking if they could give my name to other of their colleagues in the industry because they all may want a new site now. Wow, of course! :)

Mr. Scale let me know that I'm 190 today. Yay! That's two weeks in a row that I've met my one pound weekly loss with a day to spare. I've also been lucky in that I haven't had a "no loss" week in over a month. Will next week see me in the 180's again? Oh I hope I hope. But if not I won't despair ... this diet hasn't let me down yet ... and tomorrow is freeday! And we are still planning to have our date lunch at one of my freelance client restaurants. So fun.

I was all excited about watching the premier of Person of Interest but fell asleep within the first 5 minutes. I had taken both Tylenol PM and melatonin and boy it worked. I even slept through the night, not waking up until 5:30am. Cro says that Person of Interest was very good so I'll probably watch it from the DVR soon.

I went through some of my smaller clothes to find that they are still a bit too snug. The difference between 190 and 175 is only 15 pounds. 

Fifteen pounds seemed like nothing to me after losing over 100lbs total ... but it isn't nothing. Letting myself think that it wasn't a big deal and that it would be  easy to correct led to an even larger slip. Fifteen pounds may take me another 15 weeks to lose and that's if my efforts don't suffer from diminishing returns as I get closer to that goal. Fifteen weeks is almost 4 months. Thinking about it like that burns in the fact that 15 pounds is certainly not nothing.

And that is why I've set aside the large amount of weight I've lost since I started low carb in 2008 and have started new from 0. From this new beginning I've lost 32 pounds ... 15 to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 10 carbs


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

3 comments:

  1. Remember, the closer you get to goal, the harder the weight is to come off. You are doing amazing! Fifteen pounds is actually a lot. I heard that a gallon of milk is seven or eight pounds, so carry one in each hand to see how much 15 pounds really is!

    Thanks so much for the compliments on the photos. Oh, and if you want to snag that layered look I was wearing, the tops are on sale now at OldNavy.com! Plus, free shipping on orders over 50 bucks and 15% off your whole order today.

    The shirt I had on was only 12 bucks! http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=8648110220004&cid=41716&locale=en_US

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the OldNavy info ... I got your shirt! :) And four others. Such great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love the shirts... They are so lightweight and cute!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...