Monday, September 26, 2011

*i meh Monday*

Another work week begins. Woohoo. Terre Nova premieres tonight so that is something to look forward to. Our new web project manager starts today too. And the fifth book in the novel series that Cro and I are reading is one of the more compelling ones so I'm looking forward to devouring a few more pages when I get home tonight. Good book ... Yum. :)

I'm intrigued by a new design to html Adobe product called Muse. I could use that this week. The problem is that I need to get this design done and don't know if I can spend the time required to build it in a new program when the deadline is looming and client presentation needs to be later this week. I should probably stick to the known manner of getting it done for now.

I'm down to my last Berry Bliss (my favorite right now) Quest bar. I still have a box of chocolate and another box of peanut butter so I'm determined to eat the majority of those before I place a new order.

This week's meals will be ground beef browned with spices:
  • cinnamon (can lower blood sugar, triglycerides, LDL and total cholesterol)
  • ginger (can decrease motion sickness and relieve pain and swelling)
  • paprika, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes  (contains capsaicin which is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant), 

This makes for a very spicy-hot ground beef mixture but it makes me happy that maybe the spices are doing good things for me. Besides, I like spicy-hot.

I'm also sprinkling about a tablespoon of red beans on top. At 3 carbs they add a little extra something so that I'm not just eating ground beef. It's still a very meager meal but that makes me happy too since I know that sacrifice now means I get a freeday without guilt on Saturday.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 60 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 10 carbs


65g of ground beef (10 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


65g of ground beef (10 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of adding cinnamon to ground beef. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think it's funny that all those spicy things are anti-inflammatory, but they make my mouth flame up :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...