Friday, September 16, 2011

pumpkiny

Nearly everyone at the office is hung-over from the going away party last night. I suppose I'm lucky to have had that freelance client meeting and not able to stay for the party. I don't think I could have stayed out drinking until 2am as many of them did though. I'd say that I'm too old for that but many of the people who were there were my age give or take a couple of years.

I like hanging out at home with Cro more than staying out late at bars with co-workers. *shrug* He's good company.

My freelance clients were actually lots of fun and heaped on the praise. This extra work has it's perks. It's great for my self-confidence and a nice thing for my bank account too. It takes a chunk out of my free time but I think it's worth it.

I'm 191 today so I've met my weekly diet goal a day early. Sweet. :) I stopped by the grocery before heading home last night and picked up a few things for freeday along with another astronaut chicken (grilled and packaged in a plastic bubble) for my meals next week. It takes awhile before I get tired of things so this diet is a good fit for my personality. I do look forward to the freedom of tomorrow though. I've been craving something pumpkiny or winter squashy or maybe sweet potatoey.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

2 comments:

  1. Without freelance work, I would be completely unemployed! Instead, I prefer to call it self-unemployed... (lol!)

    Nothing like working for yourself...

    I work from home and some people think, wow, you never have to go to work. In reality, it's more like, I never can leave it!

    I so want an astronaut chicken... We do have a whole chicken up in the freezer, but shoot... That seems scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie! :) Another freelance girly. I know what you mean regarding the never leaving work thing. I have been making a point to have one day off per week ... my lovely lovely Saturday. I don't know if that will continue since it seems I get ever busier, but it's very nice for now. I have freelance work lined up through the end of October along with the full-time job and free freelance (Matt's film fest site).

    This push toward freelance began in order to reduce some of my anxiety regarding my full-time work and what I will do if that ever goes away. It certainly has built up my confidence and empowered me. That's a very good thing considering how much of a baby I am. :/ The best way to become stronger is to take risks!

    I talk too much, lol. :) Astronaut chicken rules!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...