Friday, September 30, 2011

a trail of bacon bits

sleepy Friday morning
The alarm woke me up this morning. A full night's sleep on a week night is a rare treat. I don't particularly like waking in alarm but I suppose the clock would be less successful in its purpose if it were a "gentle suggestion clock" rather than "alarm clock".

I made it to the grocery last night even though I worked a little late. An astronaut chicken is in the fridge and waiting to be broken into a week of meals. I also picked up a special treat for freeday ... pumpkin ice cream! :9 Maybe I should have gotten roasted pecans to sprinkle on top. Pecans are expensive though so it's best that I didn't think of it. I have some graham crackers that I could crush and sprinkle on top instead. Having a freeday once a week makes the other six days of strict diet easy so far. And I thought I had no patience ... I learn more about myself even now.

I brought in a big stack of Stephanie Meyer books for the guy whose desk is next to mine at work. I mentioned that I was planning to take them to Half Price Books this weekend and to my surprise he said "I'll buy them off you". I guess his 12-year-old son is reading Twilight and likes it. I've read each of the novels, then got them on Kindle and have read them again along with watching the movies 3 or 4 times (Cro has teases me when he comes home and I'm watching them again). I did the same with the Being Human BBC series. It's not the vampire/werewolf thing ... it's the being immortal with secret superpowers that appeals to me.

Still 189 today. I like that I'm in the 180's again but will be overjoyed when I see the 170's. I must NEVER allow my weight to creep up again. Words don't ward off regains though. Blogging this experience and what I had to do to fix it is meant to act as a trail of breadcrumbs to keep me on the right path. Breadcrumbs? More like bacon bits, lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 60 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 10 carbs


65g of ground beef (10 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


65g of ground beef (10 protein)
red beans (3 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

5 comments:

  1. Creepy creepy carb creep!
    Stop it while it's manageable.
    And then kick it to the curb
    by (almost) any means necessary!
    Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trail of bacon bits instead of bread crumbs...cute!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...