Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 31 begins

It is Monday again and I have very little to do today. I feel a bit useless when I'm project-less.

Sunday I spent several hours working on a freelance project which is due next week. I'm very excited to see the client reaction, give them training on how to make site updates and see it finally live. I emailed Matt to take a look at the nearly complete site since he brought this client to me. He'll be able to give insight into anything that will need to be changed before I do the client reveal next week. It's cool to have an inside guy. (update ... Matt took a peek and LOVES it ... yay :))

I'm meeting with another freelance client Thursday after work. This is a project that isn't set to start until next week and they want to discuss a few things that are a change of scope. Brian (their print designer) says they have discussed it with him and that it is not a big deal even though they think it will be. :)

Last night I roasted broccoli, portioned out a whole roasted chicken and packaged my meals for the week. It doesn't get much easier than setting a pan of broccoli to roast, lining up 10 containers, breaking down a roasted chicken, and stacking it all in the fridge. Of course it takes a little time and I wasn't in the mood to break apart roasted chicken. There really isn't a tidy way of doing that and the fastest way is to just get in there and start pulling it off the bone with my fingers. After a few minutes the domestic routine starts ebbing away my project-induced stress. By the end I felt happy for a task well done.

Today begins the 31st week of this 6strict-1free plan. It's still working and I still like it lots. I've lost 30 pounds in 30 weeks. That is a total of 180 days of strict low carb without dairy, nuts, fruit of any kind, simple meals and measured protein, eating 4 times per day and a total of 30 days of complete freedom to eat what I like.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

5 comments:

  1. Good on you for sticking through the program, Oct. You are a beast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the strictest and best-est LoCarber I know...
    Or SlowCarber.... awesome. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No dairy... wow... that is really saying something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals. :) Anne you are the most determined and inspiring lady I know regarding fitness. I look forward to those photo blogs too. Angie, the no-dairy thing was very tough until I got in the routine of putting all food desire to the side until Saturday gets here. Saturday I have dairy. Oh yes I do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...