Monday, October 31, 2011

4:30am - sleep blogging

I'm cuddled up in bed with my iPad next to me. I had this brilliant idea that I could spend this unwanted wakeful time in the middle of the night in a more productive manner. I was going to read more of the Acacia trilogy that I settled on, but the draw of blogging came first.

I purchased several apps yesterday. Three nifty art apps, an app promising to bridge blogger's lack of WYSIWYG editing for the iPad (I'm not even using that one right now), and scoped out VCN apps that will allow me to connect with my home and work computers. That app will be between $20 and $30 depending on what I choose. Most of the others were roughly $5 each.

It's fun to have new capabilities (a new toy!). I think I'll read more of that novel now. But first check Facebook. And twitter. Hmm, technology may be encroaching upon my life a bit much. I'll forgive it tonight and blame it on the fascination of this new toy.

I read for an hour and a half then went to sleep again and dreamt about characters from the LAST series of novels. I guess that says how much I loved The Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin and how Acacia, though good, isn't in the same league.

Waking at 8am I gleefully reheated a serving of the chicken, peppadew, green beans that I portioned out yesterday. It is spicy enough that SheZug probably wouldn't like it but wow, it's just right for me. I love this!

It's my birthday today but since I have already opened my gift and eaten my birthday cupcake (I have a little story about that too :)) and I have to meet my freelance clients later today it doesn't really feel like a birthDAY. Matt will want to get together with me one evening later this week or next to celebrate too. It's more like extended birthday season than birthday, which is fine with me. I ordered a pair of Dr. Marten boots with birthday money from my mom and sister (plus a little extra from myself).


Okay, the story of the birthday cupcake. Cro, my sweety, made my birthday cake in cupcake form and made it on Saturday since he knew I wouldn't want to eat cake on any day but a freeday. He made a yummy lemon cake with lemon icing and used a mini-loaves pan to make long cupcakes. He iced two of them and put them in a see-through container. Each cupcake had a little item on top with an iced label that said "hunny" and were lightly dusted with yellow grains of something. When I saw them I thought "oh, he decorated them as two grave plots with gravestones as a halloween theme". So later that morning after he woke up I said that I'd seen the spooky birthday cupcakes, so cute, thank you. He said "spooky?". I said um yeah, they are decorated for halloween as little graves. Creepy but cute. He said no, they aren't graves. lol. When we opened the clear container to eat them I saw that what I'd taken for gravestones were actually little honey pots like from Winnie-the-poo. Doh. They weren't creepy after all, but they were delicious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 62 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 16 carbs

roasted chicken (21 protein)
diced peppadew, chopped cashews, green beans (6 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein, 4 carbs)

roasted chicken (21 protein)
diced peppadew, chopped cashews, green beans (6 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 comments:

  1. I didnt love my ipad at first.
    and now? Id marry it if I could :)

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I'll bet there's an app for that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Cro is offically the sweetest ever. First, he gives you the i~pad, then the cutie cupcake?? What an absolute sweetheart!

    May all of your birthday wishes come true... Oh, and be sure to enjoy your staycation and kick those feet up and relax this week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Angie. It is awesome to have a week away from stress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday! Your sweety is super nice. Enjoy your day even if you don't feel like it's special :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Floriana. :) It's special spread out over several days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and you're right, those pepadews are too spicy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you get to have many many happy birthdays!!!
    Happy Early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) It's been a happy birthday season.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...