Monday, October 17, 2011

chicky chicky bang bang

Monday!!! No way. It is here too quickly.

Funny, I have boulders of freelance work falling from the sky this weekend and I'm not at all stressed. That's good though.

Cauliflower this week! Though I packed a 5 carb serving in each of my meals I don't know if I'm going to be able to eat that much (out of guilt, not tummy capacity). Carbs are bad mmm-kay? No silly. 14 carbs for an entire day is not enough to be bad! I have these silly conversations with myself now and then.

Anyway, cauliflower has a little bit more carbs than broccoli, but it will be a nice change for the week. And I should eat my whole serving but I probably won't (knowing myself).

Dan Wheldon died in the Las Vegas Indy 300 race over the weekend. :( It's a sad thing and a big topic of conversation at the office. Our writer/art director team for that account had a photo shoot scheduled with him coming up soon. Everyone here is very sad and reflective. From 2009:

video



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 11 carbs

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
cauliflower (2 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
cauliflower (5 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. How long do you bake the cauliflower to get it that carmelly color? It looks SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't set the timer but I think it was somewhere between 25 and 30 minutes. My oven was on 450 convection bake. I checked it and flipped them over somewhere in the middle of cooking. They are good ... I love them drizzled with olive oil and baked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crispy parts are my favorite. Roasted okra is the best! How many carbs?
    This is for 9 whole pods,3 oz worth:
    Nutrition Facts
    Calories 35
    Total Carbs. 7g
    Dietary Fiber 3g
    Protein 1g

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...