Monday, October 24, 2011

MONDAY!

I look like a crazy ghost in this pic. :P BOO!
Oh Monday, how you try to get us all down. I say "stuff it", Monday. I think this SSRI is helping tremendously with keeping life in perspective. I've only been taking half the prescribed dose. The full dose gave me jitters so I reduced it.

I bought a big bag of mixed Halloween candy thinking that Cro would like some and that I would eat a piece of candy on freeday. I oddly didn't want anything other than a cherry lollipop and felt guilty for the carbs even though I wasn't supposed to on that day. Cro only wanted the Reeses cups… SO the guys at work are being gifted with little mixed packets of Halloween candy today since we don't want it. :)

In diet news. No, first in freelance news: Not really freelance unless you take it literally. FREElance. :) I htmlized (meaning quick and corner-cutting html for show) Matt's film fest site yesterday. It looks great though (and I'm not bragging since the design is Matt's and he is awesome). I'm so happy they finally got it all together. Both Matt and I were worried that they wouldn't even have a site this year. The festival is mid November. They have been doing a great job communicating via facebook and twitter so hopefully the website delay won't hurt attendance. Here it is in case you are curious: http://indylgbtfilmfest.com/

Now in diet news. Chicken and broccoli this week. No quick and yummy astronaut chicken this time. These chicken breasts were pan fried or grilled – or whatever the proper culinary term is – in walnut oil with spices that are meant to boost metabolism. Cinnamon, cayenne pepper and some hot pepper flakes. Also some ginger.

The broccoli was lightly coated in olive oil and oven roasted as usual.  Tasty and prepared all at once to make meals for the week easy. Somehow I ended up with only 9 meals rather than 10 though. I guess I'll need to come up with one serving of a protein and veg for Friday.

I have one more freelance site due at the end of this week. We don't have the photography yet so hopefully that will be finished soon (the photographer has taken the shots but is yet to deliver).

Ooh, and next week is vacation week for Cro and I! We aren't going anywhere but it will be so nice to have the time to focus on our house and on ourselves for a change.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)

Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)

bacon (20 protein)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Love the film fest website! If I were you, since you did it freelance, why not put yourself as a sponsor? Your little web design business, you know? The website is so fancy that I had to update my flash player to see it... you fancy girl!

    Really, though, it looks incredible. If I lived closer, I'd be tempted to buy tix and go.. Hey we might anyway if Angie gets the time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SheZug --- yeah for sure!

    Angie --- Thank you. :) My name is listed on the contact page but I wouldn't take a sponsor spot without actually giving them some cash ... though you are right, my time is worth cash, lol. That's okay. It's the one free project I do every year since I have friends who also give their time to it and it means a lot to them.

    If you and Ang decide to go let me know when you'll be in town. Maybe we can meet up for dinner one night.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...