Friday, October 7, 2011

oh wow

The scale says 187!

Oh, and one of the guys at work and I had this conversation this morning:
(him) "Have you been losing more weight lately?"
"Yes I have." :D  (him) "What have you been doing?"
"Still low carb"  (him) "Low carb is fantastic. You've been doing that a long time haven't you?"
"Yeah, it is fantastic. :) But now I've cut out cheese and other dairy 6 days per week."  (him) "I try to eat low carb but it's so difficult. I end up eating sandwiches or whatever during the day because it's convenient at work."
(me - nodding)
(him) "Well I just wanted to tell you that I thought you had lost some again and you are looking good."
"Thank you for letting me know you noticed. :)"
We also discussed a DNA research service that he's had done. It looks very cool and like something that Cro and I might want to do. At a glance it looks like it shows your percentage of risk for several health conditions, compares your risk to the "norm" and also provides some family history info. 23andme.com

Tuesday I mentioned that I felt good things were happening and felt smaller. I think it's cool that this diet seems to not be slowing down yet (knock on wood). 12 more pounds and I will be feeling right again ... not perfect but back on track for sure. It's cool that the weight loss is starting to get notice again.

I've been invited to a private tasting for the new restaurant that I'm currently doing a site for. Since it lands on freeday of next week it seems perfect. I may end up having to spend the rest of that weekend building Matt's film festival website if he isn't able to get things to me by this weekend. The festival committee is pulling things together slowly this year (I think the site has been up and selling tickets mid-September in all the years past).

I hope today goes by quickly. I'm ready for freeday and the weekend.

Cro has been approved for his week of vacation ... three weeks until our week of fun. I think we need to heat up the BBQ grill that week if the weather isn't too cold.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's meals totaled 58 protein (60-90 grams per day is ideal for me) and 9 carbs

30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


Quest bar (20 protein and 4 carbs)


30g of roasted chicken (9 protein)
broccoli (2.5 carbs)


bacon (20 protein)

3 comments:

  1. Good going! Congrats. I'm still in the 190s, can't seem to get to the 180s but I am persisting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cuz you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judith - thank you. Persistence pays off. :) Best of luck getting there sooner, I know how slow it can be but just stick with it and you'll get there.

    Anne- ha, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...